Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:28 pm It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:28 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Clapton chatter 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Clapton chatter
as i wrote in a far away topic world - there is a real possibility that EC will show up for bit. Yes, he is wrapping up with arc angels at Royal Albert as we speak. The lady of the house just returned from London (understatement of the century - she has connections) for all of the shows there. She says the general talk among all those involved there center around "sure, why not?". Derek and Susan both get along great with him and having seen Derek and EC play together at RAH on that tour, there's obviously no rehearsals necessary. Look to hear "After Midnight" with EC, Derek and Doyle - maybe Buddy too. And by the way, for some time I hated hearing Cocaine 20 times a year myself. But, honestly speaking, it does ROCK. Don't blame EC anyway - he didn't write it - that was his good pal JJ. See ya soon. Stevie

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Such good news!! I like the song...my beef was with the people. Waiting until the last song of the night to get involved. Clearly they did not have the Waneeway...we were way invlived 4 months out!!! No sitting on our A$$ES until the last song to go ....WHAT??? Who is playing??? Clapton and Robert Randolph. :)

I could never blame Clapton for anything!!! :D

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I have a love/hate thing with Cocaine. I know how much EC hated playing it for all those years. and it is the quintesential song that people who don't even really know EC who THINK that is EC when there is so much more. I in no way blame JJ or EC for the song, it is a great song...it is more the reaction it gets when there are so many others that warrent the same reaction, in my opinion. But honestly, it is just so overdone for me that I find it hard to get into.

Got to get better in a little while..MY ASS IS ROCKIN OUT!!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:19 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

white room would be sweet, or sunshine of your love, or little wing, or strange brew or.... pretty much anything

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

This does seem like a real possibility. If so, it will truly be AWESOME. I caught Trucks/Clapton in Atlanta a couple of years ago and was blown away. The Arc Angels connections makes the probibility even higher. WOOT-WOOT!!!

Oh...two more days of work...then.....WANEE!!!!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Anyday w. Susan.... Like on the Crossroads... <3 <3 <3

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:25 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

AAAAACK!! V!!! AAACK AACK AAACKAKCKAKACKCA!!!

Doyle was with EC when he came thru KC. Derek was off with his band...I love Doyle, but I'll follow Derek anywhere!!

good thing I got to see all 3 of em at Crossroads!! what a day!! Wanee will beat it...I just know it will.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:29 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

thedude420 - NOW you've got me going! That wonderfully connected lady of the house woke me not that long ago with "get packed - we have to go to London again". What for? I asked. Just CREAM dear. Yes dear, give me three seconds. saw all the shows @ RAH then turned around for all the shows @ MSG. Wowsers. You can find my connected one on most Cream and EC boards known as Peace Love and Guitars. Flash traffic alert from Key West - Monroe County Sherrifs Dept. says to expect heavy traffic northbound as apparently everyone in the Keys who knows ANYTHING about great music are making a mass exodus. Special toll booth set up in Florida City (just one more silver dollar) stevie

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Sounds fantastic to us!!!
Clapton at most Florida venues is like an AARP meeting.

Had very close seats with the Mrs. a few years ago in Tampa, and people were telling us to sit down. Security and EC even noticed and told THEM to leave us alone. It was sponsored by Lexus.

I should have known.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

hahahaha

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:59 pm Profile
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next