Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:12 am It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:12 am

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Taper's Section 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Taper's Section
mule4ever wrote:
did you happen to tape Papa Mali at Wanee last year (might have been the year before, they tend to run together for me)? I thought he was great.

I think he played last year and I wasn't there. I may have a copy of someone else's recording though. I grabbed all the Wanee 2008 recordings I saw floating around.

I had obligations back here in Tallahassee while Wanee 2008 was happening. I recorded my friend Pat Ramsey for the last time that weekend (he passed away a few months later) so in some ways missing Wanee wasn't all that bad. I wish I could be in two places at once sometimes though. I recorded not only Pat but Tab Benoit and Tad Robinson and got to hear Johnny Winter play so I had a pretty good weekend even though I didn't make it to the festival.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:56 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

<bump>

Any other tapers on board yet?

Fri May 15, 2009 2:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Not me but I would like to get a copy of the show. Do you tape the whole show or splice together with others? Educate me please. :)

Fri May 15, 2009 3:54 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Though I do agree with your point of view to a large extent,
I think it might also be a good idea for the tapers to be conscious of the concert goers, and keep in mind it's not their responsibility to look out for us tapers. We all know what the deal is when it comes to taping in crowds. It comes with the territory.

Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Calypsomamma wrote:
Not me but I would like to get a copy of the show. Do you tape the whole show or splice together with others? Educate me please. :)

As much of the show as I can. I only like to tape full sets and of course I can't be everywhere so there are sets that wont get recorded by me. Hopefully there will be enough tapers with with varying tastes to cover the whole event.

Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Stealthking wrote:
Though I do agree with your point of view to a large extent,
I think it might also be a good idea for the tapers to be conscious of the concert goers, and keep in mind it's not their responsibility to look out for us tapers. We all know what the deal is when it comes to taping in crowds. It comes with the territory.

I don't go stomping through the space they have set aside, I just want the same consideration. Other than that, I don't expect people to do much more than have a good time but it helps to try and get people to understand what we are doing.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:01 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

And to think I was picturing some that could roll really good, you know one of those little white things that are tapered on each end. Once again I crack myself up... But I will make an honest attempt not to do any drunken whirling dervish stunts into yall's equipment!

Wed May 20, 2009 12:22 am Profile YIM
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2