Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 FIRST ABB CONCERT 
Wanee Pro

Post FIRST ABB CONCERT
My first ABB concert was July 24, 1971 Superball Festival/Open Air Celebration II, Midway Stadium, St. Paul, MN; Set list: One Way Out In Memory of Elizabeth Reed You Don't Love Me Whipping Post. This proved to be one of the last Duane Allman performances... I did a bunch of black beauties that day.. so I was pretty much focused - 8-)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:42 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: FIRST ABB CONCERT
myvinyl333 wrote:
My first ABB concert was July 24, 1971 Superball Festival/Open Air Celebration II, Midway Stadium, St. Paul, MN; Set list: One Way Out In Memory of Elizabeth Reed You Don't Love Me Whipping Post. This proved to be one of the last Duane Allman performances... I did a bunch of black beauties that day.. so I was pretty much focused - 8-)

Damn sure wish I had been there with ya!! :|

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

As a 22 year old, my first ABB concert was last summer in Hartford, CT but Ive been listening to them my whole life and my mom has been going to ABB concerts since she was 14..She used to be a disk jockey in Connecticut, and has actually met greg..He left his hair brush in her studio after she interviewed him..and she kept it untill she got married lol Well lets just say that she wishes she had that hair brush now :)

I feel bad for all of the sheltered people my age that have never had the pleasure of listening or seeing a great band like ABB..I guess I never realized how lucky I am...

Woohoo..Im gonna see them twice at Wanee..so stoked

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

My 1st was a Marriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia MD, it was 91 Warren and Allen years. Wished I saw them earlyer but was glad I did see them then, now my fav Band :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:30 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

WANEE 2009!!! HOOT! HOOOOOT!!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Saw The Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd in 2003 at an amphitheater in Raleigh NC. I had been a casual fan prior to that....but not anymore.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I first saw them in 1969 or 70 in a small bar on Pensacola Beach. It was a Sunday afternoon all-ages show, I was a teenager. There was all of about 20 people in the audience. It was like having the Allman Brothers play in your living room! Duane was amazing. Berry's leg was pumping in time the whole show. Dickey sat on the edge of the stage for much of the show. The warm up act was Suzi Storm & the Laymen. Wonder whatever became of her?

The Allmans go way back with the Pensacola Beach scene, including backing a trio of teenage girls in a group called the Sandpipers. I think they even recorded a 45 with them.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

wcskins wrote:
Saw The Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd in 2003 at an amphitheater in Raleigh NC. I had been a casual fan prior to that....but not anymore.

Dude.... I was at that Show!!! :shock: Are you from NC? If so where....I'm on the coast myself.
I can ask my 17 & 20 year old who the best band of all time is and they will answer Allman Brothers...GOOD GIRLS! :D

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

NCviper wrote:
wcskins wrote:

Dude.... I was at that Show!!! :shock: Are you from NC? If so where....I'm on the coast myself.
I can ask my 17 & 20 year old who the best band of all time is and they will answer Allman Brothers...GOOD GIRLS! :D[/quot

Small world, Viper. I lived in Raleigh for about 5 years, met my wife, and we are now in Tallahassee, FL for grad. school. We both hope to move back there when we are done.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

1976 I think.
Providence Civic Center w/ Marshall Tucker.
Benefit for Jimmy Carter. I was 14.

Still can't find my way......

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]