Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 am

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Let's discuss Weather... 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Let's discuss Weather...
You know what else....Any time I have seen a show in the rain...it's usually KICK ASS! I think the artists really kick it up a notch when they know all their fans are standing out in the rain for them! 2 years ago i saw ABB in the POURING RAIN and man....what a show!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:45 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

its actually orange and grey and cost me 34 dollars im actually really satisfied with it lots of bang for the buck. one time at langerado... a wind storm hit and took our tent along with it buut i dont think the wind can do much in between some trees we were in a big open cow field

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

hopefully you will be fine. Id do what alabama reccomended. We did that last year too. Tarp under the tent and over the tent. No leaks :)

and it was a ozark trail

Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:54 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

Just got a weather report from my fla. buddy ... been 90+ ... Supposed to be in the 80's and I won't say the rest lest I jinx it ... But it's a good thing :roll:

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

94 degrees, huh? I wish we would get that lucky.

I don't know if some of you aren't familiar with Florida, but the humidity is the key. Our heat index is as important as wind-chill is to northerners. When the humidity is high (which it most certainly will be), it makes things sooo much worse. 94 degrees really feels like 100+ when it's humid out.

Put it to you this way, you ever walk into a bathroom right after somebody just took a scalding-hot shower and the steam kind of takes your breath away and the air is "thick' when you try to breath it? Welcome to Florida, baby! It's probably a little worse here in the Everglades where I am, but North FL is almost as bad.

Get ready to sweat!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:15 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I lived in Delray for about 15 years...got up way early for work, like 3 a.m. and I swore that you could swing a glass through the air fast enough and accumulate a full glass! Then worked all day outside....and pretty much just was sweaty and dirty all the time.

I'm lookin' at the NWS website...aside from the fact that more than 24hrs out is always a crap-shoot, they are calling for 40% chc of thunderstorms. Which in Florida is not much of a commitment! It's just FL in the summer. It's always warm, humid, and damn-straight gonna rain. Liquid sunshine!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:22 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

It's 90 degrees here in Atlanta today with an abundance of sunshine! Keeping my fingers crossed that I can bring this weather with me to Florida!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

It is 85 in Tampa Bay today and the reports are calling for 30% chance of rain beginning on Thursday. Hopefully we will just get a few little showers and not a down pour!!

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:30 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

we should be grateful for the rain... it crosses waiting in the shower line off the list

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I say EF THE FREAKING WEATHER!!!! As long as there's not an earthquake, we'll be okay!!!

YAYYYAYYYAYAYYAY

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:52 pm Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next