Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Chair Strategy 
Wanee Lover

Post Chair Strategy
Last year, being a noob, I made a mistake. I never carried a chair to the Peach stage and I was camped a long way away. I know this year, I'm going to take my chair in first thing in the morning and leave it til I leave after the midnight show....unless it's cool to leave it overnight. I won't move it up front and try to stake out space unless I'm going to be using it...and I usually stand/head bob for the groups I wanna see anyway. I just want it there so I can 'sit awhile' when the old legs start talking to me.

Maybe we can figure out a spot to all put our chairs when we aren't using them.... as a meet-up spot....thoughts?

Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Chair Strategy
I'm not sure if you can leave them there over night. I think they prohibit that. But last year we left cheap chairs at the Mushroom stage and they were there every night. One night we had to evict someone who helped themselves to them. I didn't mind if they used them when I wasn't there, but when I wanted to use them, I claimed them. At the end of the fest, I left them there and I think they were taken. Didn't see them when we drove by on our way out. This year, I will do the same but may bring a cheap bike lock and lock them to a tree when we're not there. We camp near the peach stage, but it's nice to not have to lug chairs to the Mushroom stage when we go there. Will also bring cheap chairs and leave them at the peach stage during the day and if they get swiped, they get swiped. But probably won't leave them there over night.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Oh,, :P so the ticket price dont include some one to carry your chair around for you. :lol:

Sunbeams shinin through his hair,,
Appears not to have a care....

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Last year we droped them off early at the peach stage and if peeps sat in them it was OK! But I remember grabbing them early in the ABB set to set up early the at Midnight Jam and it worked, front row for DTB, well worth it!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:19 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

not a big fan of chairs up close to the stage!!!!!!!

but I have no problem with setting up chairs away from stage,kinda like a stageing area where you can chill when you want to.

I like to try and get close up to the rail (without chair),but I hate when I start to get close and then run straight into a pack of chairs,that really sucks!!!!!

I think all chairs should be banned from the sound board to the stage!!!!

There is a nice area on the hill in front of the treehouse to set up chairs.

Im just saying....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Pro

kevhic wrote:
not a big fan of chairs up close to the stage!!!!!!!

but I have no problem with setting up chairs away from stage,kinda like a stageing area where you can chill when you want to.

I like to try and get close up to the rail (without chair),but I hate when I start to get close and then run straight into a pack of chairs,that really sucks!!!!!

I think all chairs should be banned from the sound board to the stage!!!!

There is a nice area on the hill in front of the treehouse to set up chairs.

Im just saying....

I agree. They should have a fenced pit/standing room only area directly in front of the stage then allow chairs behind that. I've never been a fan of being right in front of the stage. I find the sound to be much better by the sound board or even farther back. So we'll bring chairs and binoculars.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Chairs have there place, bars, restraunts, campsites and home but not at the front of a concert. That's rude and unfair to think that you can just stake claim to a certain area anytime you decide to come see one of the bands.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:23 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

It's one thing if your ass is planted in them the whole time. I mean, a chair doesn't take up any more space than a standing person. And some people want to, or have to, sit during a show. But I think the problem would be for someone to leave a chair there all day and show up for the headliner using the chair to hold their real estate. That's not fair.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

It is safe to leave your chairs everywhere. They will be shared and I have never seen a problem when the rightful owner has come to claim "sitting time". You can chain and lock them to the fence at the back of the Mushroom stage but then you have to find a place to put them. Our m.o. has been set up at the beginning and take down at the end. Then you have a seat where you want it when you want it. You can jam up front and rest in the back or rest the back. I amuse myself, too much Christmas cheer.
p&l

Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:11 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Chairs do not have magical powers. Chairs do not gurantee the perfect spot right up front. As a matter of fact, despite the good vibes at Wanee, putting your chair up front is a major foul IMHO. Bring your chairs, but don't expect your chair to keep your spot for you all day while you do whatever you're doing.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:56 pm Profile
 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next