Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 am

[ 4 posts ] 
 Random Question: Camping at Oak Mountain Amphitheater 
Wanee Pro

Post Random Question: Camping at Oak Mountain Amphitheater
Hello everyone, probably not the best place to ask this question but this is the only music forum I am active on so I figured it'd be worth a try. Does anyone know if there is camping within walking distance to the Oak Mountain Amphitheater in Pelham, AL? I'm heading there for phish next weekend and looking to find a place either within walking distance or that offers a shuttle service. I know there are several hotels within walking distance but they are all sold out (and prices were jacked up to $200+ for the night anyways.)

If anyone's ever been there do you have any tips or words of advice? Thanks in advance!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Random Question: Camping at Oak Mountain Amphitheater
They only have 85 water/electric sites....and 60 primitive sites that are developed. There are sites in the woods for backpackers but not sure how far out they are.
Not sure about camping at a festy.
Call 205-620-2527 for information and reservations.

Last edited by Rivernole on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:16 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Rivernole wrote:
They only have 85 water/electric sites....and 60 primitive sites that are developed. There are sites in the woods for backpackers but now sure how far out they are.
Not sure about camping at a festy.
Call 205-620-2527 for information and reservations.

Thanks for the info! Im assuming you are talking about Oak Mountain State Park? A place in the woods to throw up my tent would be ideal if its within walking distance and/or shuttle service to the venue. Have you ever been there?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Due to my incessant repeatative searches of the internet I actually ended up scoring a hotel that literally is in the back yard of the parking lot (theres actually a walk way into the parking lot of the venue!), so I no longer need the camping option. However, if anyone has ever camped there I would still appreciate some info for future reference.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:20 pm Profile
 [ 4 posts ]