Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 am It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 am

[ 1707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 171  Next
 MUSIC TRIVIA 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
I stumped the Trivia king... I rule!!! The man who connects Duanne Allman and the "Layla sessions w/ ABB support and the original Skynyrd's last album Street Survivors, is none other than the man behind the " mixing board", Tom Dowd. ABB fans all know that their outtakes were excluded from the originally released Layla album but of course kept Duanne as Clapton's co-guitarist! The Layla Sessions, later released included some ABB performance! Next question: what other southern rockers were in the Layla Sessions release?

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

How the heck did I miss TOM DOWD's name?!?!?

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Both great questions!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
How the heck did I miss TOM DOWD's name?!?!?

I don't know TYS you stump me on everything else!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:19 pm Profile
Wanee Master

There are few things that given me more pleasure than music stuff and music trivia.

I did say FEW!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Agreed! Let's try some Wanee trivia. Which musician who will appear at this Wanee shocked DJ logic at the peach stage , two or three Wanees ago, by walking up behind him and doing a badassed impromptu jam w him? Clue: he was not playing a guitar.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

suntzu wrote:
Agreed! Let's try some Wanee trivia. Which musician who will appear at this Wanee shocked DJ logic at the peach stage , two or three Wanees ago, by walking up behind him and doing a badassed impromptu jam w him? Clue: he was not playing a guitar.

I'm wracking my brain. But we still need an answer to your PREVIOUS question!

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Some of my friends have disputed my claims that Delaney and Bonnie musicians are Southern Rockers! So , I must back down alittle. Also, I can find no real evidence that a little known musician named Charlie Daniels appeared at the sessions, but was told to me by former organist Taz Degregorio that he was there! Sorry if my facts cannot be supported by the scribes of the day.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

My Delaney & Bonnie story, expanded...

THE 43 PRE-ROLLEDS
OCTOBER 8, 1970

We are stoked to be going to see Santana at the Nazareth Speedway. And friend who has never contributed to the cause suddenly dumps 43 pre-rolleds, fat!, on the desk in our room!

So everybody is ready for Santana. We are leaning on the stage! Two songs into the show, there is a great hue and cry, and the power goes out. There is a fire under the bleachers. Electricity gone, concert cancelled. Rats…

OCTOBER 9, 1970

I am on the concert committee at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, and we are excited to have Lee Michaels and Delaney and Bonnie and Friends playing at the old Grace Hall. We foolishly buzz about the possibility of EC showing up. I am hanging out with Rick Vito. He is in a local band called the Wright Brothers, playing twin lead guitar in a great blues and ABB-styled band. He and I have dinner back at the frat house, then back down to the hall. Who comes out to play with D&B but Rick Vito! In ensuing years, he recorded with John Mayall and Fleetwood Mac (Behind the Mask), among others, and I saw him with Muddy Waters and Bonnie Raitt.

OCTOBER 10, 1970

We head over to Muhlenburg in Allentown to see the Guess Who. Burton Cummings puts on a stunning vocal performance, and the entire band sounds great. Superb concert!

OCTOBER 11, 1970

My friend Jeff and I decide to hitchhike 150 miles to see the Guess Who in Baltimore. When we get there, the show is sold out, we are wet, it takes forever to get back, and during one long ride we were forced to listen to “The Best of Bread” on 8-track.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:32 pm Profile
Wanee Master

You either have one hell of a memory.....or take copious amounts of notes..

Thanks for the memories.....

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 pm Profile
 [ 1707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 171  Next