Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:17 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:17 am

[ 1708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 171  Next
 MUSIC TRIVIA 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
I’m about to fall off the bottom of page one. Here comes a BUMP :!:

Who hit whom? The story goes that “?” broke a bottle of Southern Comfort on “?" forehead after being told they could not sing the blues.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:19 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Waneebe wrote:
I’m about to fall off the bottom of page one. Here comes a BUMP :!:

Who hit whom? The story goes that “?” broke a bottle of Southern Comfort on “?" forehead after being told they could not sing the blues.

Know it. Cheated. Dont have a question. Cool trivia though.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

I kinda remember an interview with David Crosby about this, I know who did the hitting but can't recall who got hit. The " Southern Comfort" hint helped.
Don't want to ruin if someone else can name the second party.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:22 pm Profile
Wanee Master

happycamper wrote:
I kinda remember an interview with David Crosby about this, I know who did the hitting but can't recall who got hit. The " Southern Comfort" hint helped.

I still have no idea what this is about, but I do know that David Bromberg sang this:

YOU'VE GOT TO SUFFER IF YOU WANT TO SING THE BLUES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_lXJyHlSI

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

happycamper wrote:

Go ahead and tell us who the hitter is. You are right that David Crosby related the story in an interview. I believe it was also told in his autobiography Long Time Gone.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Waneebe wrote:
happycamper wrote:

Go ahead and tell us who the hitter is. You are right that David Crosby related the story in an interview. I believe it was also told in his autobiography Long Time Gone.

Speaking of which, his new CD sounds excellent!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:49 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Janis hit someone with the bottle after they said she was a awful blues singer.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

happycamper wrote:
Janis hit someone with the bottle after they said she was a awful blues singer.

Janis loved Southern Comfort and disliked Jim Morrison.
Information taken from "Break On Through: The Life and Death of Jim Morrison”.
"His meeting with Janis Joplin was a classic. Around this time Paul Rothchild decided he should get Morrison and Joplin together since he was working with both of them. He described what happened to Blair Jackson in Bam Magazine: 'I thought here's the King and Queen of rock 'n' roll. They should meet. So I got them together at a party in Hidden Hills. They both showed up sober and are getting along great. Jim is fascinated by this remarkable girl and of course Jim was also a fascinating guy and really good-looking. Janis loved to f!*k. That was her single greatest pastime. She saw this hunk of meat [Jim] and said, 'I want that.' Jim would get drunk most days and this was no exception and as usual he got rude, obnoxious, and violent. He turned into a cretin, a disgusting drunk. And Janis, who was a charming drunk, was really put off by him. Well, the more Janis rejected him, the more Jim loved it. This was his kind of match. Janis finally said to me, 'Let's get out of here,' and we went to the band station wagon that she always drove. Jim came staggering over. He reached into the car and started to say something and she told him to f!*k off. She wasn't interested anymore. Jim wasn't going to take no for an answer, though, and he reached into the car and grabbed Janis by the hair. Well, she picked up a bottle of Southern Comfort she had, reached out of the car, and wailed him on the head with it. He was out cold. The next day, I saw Jim in rehearsal and he said to me, 'What a great woman! She's terrific! Can I have her telephone number?' He was in love. Physical confrontation was his thing. He loved violence. I had to say, 'Jim, Janis doesn't think it would be a good idea for you two to get together again.' And they never did. He was crushed.”

Happycamper you’re up!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:38 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Superb story! So he suffered, and he sang "Roadhouse Blues." I guess Bromberg was on to something!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:35 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Since Janis came out on top in that story, she is the subject of the next question. In what city was Janis arrested(after her show) in '69 for "vulgar and indecent language" ? Hint: it has a distantrelation to Jim Morrison's arrest the same year

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:33 pm Profile
 [ 1708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 171  Next