Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am

[ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 164  Next
 MUSIC TRIVIA 
Wanee Master

Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
Damn..I wrote a TYS answer and for some reason...it didn't go through.
ABB was starting to fall apart because of Dickie and Gregg's dependency problems. Dickie had a violent temper and was abusive and would become physically violent. Warren and Allen Woody were in ABB (and had started Mule) at the time and Dickie hated Allen because he would stand up to him.
Dickie would not show up for shows and sometimes would walk off in the middle of a show. It got so bad...the ABB members would not speak to each other or even want to be in the same room.
Warren and Woody was playing with Abts as a 3 man band...Gov't. Mule. One day Dickie just blasted Woody in the face with his fist...knocking him to the ground. So Warren and Woody left in 1997 to devote full attention to the Mule.

In 2000, Woody was found dead sitting up in a chair...from no apparent reasons. Warren was like ABB when Duane died...he didn't know what he wanted to do...other than basically starting over.
Gregg, Butch and the others finally had enough of Dickie and kicked him out of the band. They had picked up up Derek earlier and without Dickie they needed a new picker.
So it worked out for both parties...Warren rejoined the Brothers and began writing for them and became their "leader".
The band responded and put out a couple albums of mostly Warren's writing and Gregg became more enthused with the band and cleaned up his act (at least for a little while).
Warren needed to keep playing and ABB needed him....

I hope this explanation was long enough...but not too long.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
Damn..I wrote a TYS answer and for some reason...it didn't go through.
ABB was starting to fall apart because of Dickie and Gregg's dependency problems. Dickie had a violent temper and was abusive and would become physically violent. Warren and Allen Woody were in ABB (and had started Mule) at the time and Dickie hated Allen because he would stand up to him.
Dickie would not show up for shows and sometimes would walk off in the middle of a show. It got so bad...the ABB members would not speak to each other or even want to be in the same room.
Warren and Woody was playing with Abts as a 3 man band...Gov't. Mule. One day Dickie just blasted Woody in the face with his fist...knocking him to the ground. So Warren and Woody left in 1997 to devote full attention to the Mule.

In 2000, Woody was found dead sitting up in a chair...from no apparent reasons. Warren was like ABB when Duane died...he didn't know what he wanted to do...other than basically starting over.
Gregg, Butch and the others finally had enough of Dickie and kicked him out of the band. They had picked up up Derek earlier and without Dickie they needed a new picker.
So it worked out for both parties...Warren rejoined the Brothers and began writing for them and became their "leader".
The band responded and put out a couple albums of mostly Warren's writing and Gregg became more enthused with the band and cleaned up his act (at least for a little while).
Warren needed to keep playing and ABB needed him....

I hope this explanation was long enough...but not too long.

Make total sense except Dickey knocking down Allen. Wasn't Allen twice his size? He should have pounded back! Just he was a teddy bear. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

I believe Dickie was carrying a knife at this time also. So, not sure Woody wanted to fight back.
Dickie was a crazed violent individual

Once he got so mad at a bar...he went out and drove his Mercedes into the side of the brick building.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I just heard a story on "sound opinions" that dickey punched Allen then Woody responded by choking dickey. Both Warren and Woody were so disturbed that they split.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:24 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I appreciate that shout-out, Nole! And great answer. I was running late this afternoon. I was on the way home when suddenly 2000 made sense. I didn't have any of the other pieces, only that Woody had passed away.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 pm Profile
Wanee Master

New Question:

As great as Idlewild South was as an album....how many copies were sold?

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
New Question:

As great as Idlewild South was as an album....how many copies were sold?

No idea, but I loved that textured cover and the color and the photo and, oh yeah, the music!

That album found me in October of 1970. I had not heard or seen the first one.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 pm Profile
Wanee Master

BUMP!!!!!

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Well I give up on anyone answering....

according to One Way Out less than 35,000 copies were sold...and that surprised me.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:59 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Apparently a LOT of people made a mistake by NOT buying it!

New question: my favorite WSMFP show (I wasn't there) was on 04.03.96. Tomorrow is the 18th anniversary.

As they walk out for the second set, why does JB say:

"It ain't rocket science!"

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:00 pm Profile
 [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 164  Next