Last visit was: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:03 pm It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:03 pm

[ 1718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 172  Next
 MUSIC TRIVIA 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: MUSIC TRIVIA
Assuming I'm correct, here's my question:

He kicked around in the early 60s, playing bars & nightclubs in Polk County & central Florida in a band made up of some of his high school/early adult friends, including Jim Stafford, Kent Lavoie (aka "Lobo"), and Country Music Hall of Fame writer Bobby Braddock.
Who is he?

Fri May 10, 2013 1:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Since you have already asked a question....go ahead with it.
But the answer is NO it was not Wilson Pickett.....WP might have been the first hit...but it was not WP. And this question might be a little hard to answer....so I will give you the REAL answer (or as I have heard)....it was Clarence Carter.
CC said he was unsure of this young redheaded white boy to begin with...but he soon learned when he looked at him and nodded..Duane knew this meant for him to take it....and Carter soon learned that when he took it...HE TOOK IT.
Clarence had a lot of hits...but he is not someone you usually think of as a star.

Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Well, crap. Sorry about that River - jumped the gun over my excitement of thinking that I actually might know an answer. Should've known better. :roll:

So does SkyDog be Strokin?

Fri May 10, 2013 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Master

No problemo SeaPa....it was a tough question....not sure anyone could google the answer. The only reason I know this....Clarence played at the Bradsfordville Blues Club last weekend and he said that he was the first person Duane played with...whether that is true...I am not sure.

SeaPA wrote:
kicked around in the early 60s, playing bars & nightclubs in Polk County & central Florida in a band made up of some of his high school/early adult friends, including Jim Stafford, Kent Lavoie (aka "Lobo"), and Country Music Hall of Fame writer Bobby Braddock.
Who is he

Fri May 10, 2013 8:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I did google it a bit, (damn OCD's),

Duane did record with the group that beat his in the 'high school battle of the bands', The Bleus. There was a recording session at FAME with The Bleus before the recording time with Clarence. The negotiations about working with Wilson Pickett had already begun when he played with Clarence, but studio time had not been logged.

"" Who was the first person that Duane Allman sat in with at FAME??? "" - as asked, the correct answer to the question is Clarence. I do not consider a group 'a person'.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat May 11, 2013 7:50 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

SeaPA wrote:

He kicked around in the early 60s, playing bars & nightclubs in Polk County & central Florida in a band made up of some of his high school/early adult friends, including Jim Stafford, Kent Lavoie (aka "Lobo"), and Country Music Hall of Fame writer Bobby Braddock.
Who is he?

Mel Tillis??

Sat May 11, 2013 8:23 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Jensen B Gator wrote:
SeaPA wrote:

Who is he?

Mel Tillis??

Sorry for the delay, was away for the weekend. It's not Mel.

Mon May 13, 2013 8:25 am Profile
Wanee Master

You may have to reveal. We are not the brightest crayons in the box...

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed May 15, 2013 1:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

""He kicked around in the early 60s, playing bars & nightclubs in Polk County & central Florida in a band made up of some of his high school/early adult friends, including Jim Stafford, Kent Lavoie (aka "Lobo"), and Country Music Hall of Fame writer Bobby Braddock.
Who is he?""

Gram Parsons

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed May 15, 2013 2:22 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Hm...thought I added this as an edit to the last post.

Anyhoo... I pass the Question duty to Tieyourshoes51 , as I dont have a question to ask. Again....... :oops:

I am an answer guy. :lol:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed May 15, 2013 2:27 pm Profile WWW
 [ 1718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 172  Next