Last visit was: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 am It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 am

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My tent troubles...grrr! 
Wanee Peach

Post Re: My tent troubles...grrr!
You deserve a big hub from everybody for that nightmare.

Would it work if you tightly taped the pole where it split?

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:12 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Well, there's one section of the pole that's split right down the middle with the cord still attached (it's bowed and looks kind of like a wiper-blade now). I believe I can still thread it through the hole in the tent where it goes (especially if I duct tape it together like you said)...I just wonder how it will hold up to a strong wind.

I don't think the tent itself is that crappy...I really don't think any tent could have held up to the storm. At the end of the day, it was a freakin' TENT in a S. FL monsoon....it never stood a chance!

Thanks everybody for the kind offers to help me out, but I believe I'll be okay as long as I bring a backup. But I appreciate the gestures nonetheless!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

cajun queen has the right idea, put some duct tape tightly around the tent pole, that should hold it through monday.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:shock: Greengrass, Bless your heart!! I am sending some positive vibes your way!! Peace and the Bros & Sos will come through for you I am sure if you need assistance? Safe Travels and we WILL have a great time I am sure :D

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

That is awesome!!!!

How much is a replacement pole? If not too much I can grab you one to save you the trip. I go by Bass Pro every day and a freaking Dicks Sporting goods. I am going to the dollar store after work so it would be right there. I can pick you one up if you like?

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:49 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

marky, muleldy, c-mamma, thanks for your help/sympathy! I'm a little more at ease about it now...I'm borrowing a co-worker's tent for a backup and I'm sure it's decent since he takes it to the mudhole probably once a month. I'm still going to try to use mine first, that way I'll know if it's worth hanging onto and also I'll decrease the risk of frigging up/losing parts to my friend's tent. I think duct-tape will fix the pole-problem.

But again, I appreciate all the kind offers. Wanee-folk are the best!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:56 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2