Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:14 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:14 pm

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 $10 Hammocks @ Walmart. 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: $10 Hammocks @ Walmart.
Seriously, Never buy anything from wal mart and expect to much! You get what you pay for. If you want a Great Hammock check out the hammocks I bought at festivalhammocks.com They are made of parachute material. It will definately hold two people up to 400 lbs and I've seen them at Wanee,Bonnaroo and Rothbury Music Festivals. It packs up to the size of a softball , so it fits in with my camping gear easily. Oh yeah, get the universal hammock hanging kit also. It is tree friendly and easy to hook up. I mean really easy! They are more expensive for sure but like I said earlier, You get what you pay for! Peace, See y'all at the Festival next year! :D

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:49 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

thanks relax, I am definately going to check that site out. that sounds like my kind of hammock! just might get one for Brett for xmas.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:13 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i brought 2 of those cheap hammocks to wanee and the one i put up fell at a very awkward time, so if you get one, limit it to one person at a time.

If you want a good hammock, i got a beautiful one from a vendor at wanee. Handmade in the Yucutan somewhere, made out of very strong stuff

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

[quote="thedude420"]i brought 2 of those cheap hammocks to wanee and the one i put up fell at a very awkward time, so if you get one, limit it to one person at a time.

sounds like an interesting story there! ;)

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:11 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Dude.....Tell the story! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:17 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

well, uh... after the first night there, after DTB played, i went back to the camp and my friend i was with went to bed, shes such a lightweight partygoer, so i staggered around and met some other people near by and chilled with them, hit it off with a girl and she came back with me. Since my friend was asleep in my tent and i couldn't get into the truck we decided to take it to the hammock. Now i was very wary of the sub-par construction of this hammock and had not overlooked dangers of breakage during the installation of said hammock, but time was of the essence and darkness was afoot. She was not sure that this hammock would support 2 people much less any extra force being exerted, but in a showcase of sheer bravado and bulls#%t i convinced her otherwise. Needless to say, during the first few minutes it began making funny (read: distressed) sounds and i told her it was just "settling in", haha, naw, those sounds let directly to it breaking, the wood bar hitting me in the head, falling butt first onto cold, wet muddy gravel and spilling out were 2 scantily clad, very annoyed people. We agreed to trash the hammock idea and finished in the showers on river road.

PS: Sorry anyone who was waiting in line

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:05 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

DUDE.... :shock: now THAT is a Wanee story!!! :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

yea ive laughed at that for a while and thought i had told that on here, maybe not. hope to make a few more stories like that, well maybe not just like that, but similar. I have another hammock just like that one still left from last year, i might try to do a better job of this one this year, cuz i really dont want to bring my good one and get it lost, stolen or fk'd up.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:53 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Well a repeat of last year is fine as long as you don't break anything......IF you know what I mean! :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:55 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

aw i do know what you mean, luckily the only thing i broke was the hammock

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:35 pm Profile
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next