Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 am

[ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 The 2012 BOS/SOS Badges are here!!!!!! 
Site Admin

Post The 2012 BOS/SOS Badges are here!!!!!!
The badges have been finished up at the artist shop, received the seal of approval by the review "bored" and are ready for release. Thanks to everyone who contributed and an extra shout out to Canyon Critter for his special center art contribution this year.

History of the badge – In 2009 some core members of the “then new” Waneefest forum thought it would be great to have some sort of identification of each other at the 1st annual “Meet and Greet” and came up with the idea of the badges. Things took off from there when RvrRat submitted the original artwork and things evolved to the official BOS/SOS ID badge. They were a hit at the M&G and allowed everyone to bypass the formal introductions to more of a reach, read and hug sort of atmosphere. Wearing them the entire fest allowed others, who didn’t get to make the official party, recognize other BOS/SOS while out and about and get to know one another. I know I got stopped multiple times out walking by others who recognized the badge.

The 2010 2nd annual Meet & Greet was again hosted by liketosmoke and his lovely wife and the badges helped everyone keep track of who was who, especially once the Wanee Nectar and Mule Juice (Thanks petewhit!) starting flowing. There was also the time we thought we were being invaded by martians and ready to call security but noticed a badge around the little green guys neck that read "trippin' tom". All was cool at that point thanks to the BOS badge. They really do have their advantages folks - trust me on this one.

The 2011 3rd annual M&G was an even bigger success and many new lifelong friendships were made. The food and drink flowed nonstop as did the hugs and music. Leaving the park was difficult for most but we’ve managed to stay in contact all year long and attended other events together throughout the year.

The 2012 4th annual Meet & Greet is still in the planning stages but having a BOS/SOS badge swinging around your neck is a necessity. It’s a great ice breaker and a collectible for your Wanee paraphernalia also.

And now - the moment we've all been waiting for - an even bigger moment than releasing the 2012 lineup - an even bigger moment than seeing Jess, Pete and Terry returning to the fold, so it's not bigger than either of these two events but that was fun..... here ......... is........... your.......... 2012........... BOS/SOS.......... official............ ID............. (non sanctioned/endorsed by LN of course).............. BADGE!!!!!!!

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:16 pm Profile
Site Admin

Post Re: The 2012 BOS/SOS Badges are here!!!!!!
Below is the official M&G art to include the large poster/site marker. Please let me know if you need any of the original files to work with. The small badge sizes are at 96 pixels/inch and the printed out size is generally 2.41 X 3.41 – however – feel free to dress it up and print it out at whatever size feels good to ya. Be proud!!

Also – if you need badges made up and emailed back to you, please email me at 2012badges@dougheaton dotcom to include, screen name, real name, city, state and if a Brother or Sister (some names are misleading). You do not have to have a screen name in order to attend the M&G or to wear a badge and I’ll make one up for your friends also. The last couple of years I’ve done most of them 2 sided – this year they will be one sided and you can either print it out to be double sided or use the back side for schedule notes. Laminating them is the best idea for durability and any of the office stores will do it for you cheap.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Right On my Brothers Doug & Scott, I will wear them proudly :!: :!: :P :P 8-) 8-) :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

These are WANEEFUL. My oh my, these are out of sight. You guys have really out done yourselves this year. Thanks for this. They will look even better once they are around our necks flapping in the WANEE wind.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks Doug! in more way than one.
Enjoyed the history and will try to copy right now.
You did a grate job, as usual.
Love, Peace and Badges

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Very nice!!! Thanks Doug!!! :) :) :)

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I LOVE IT!!!!

and thanks for the shout out xoxoxo

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Doug
I need you to make me a badge.
The e-mail address cut off on the side and I couldn't read it all.
Please type in the e-mail address and I will contact you.
Thanks again.
My printer just didn't want to cooperate for some stupid reason this AM.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks to everyone involved in the creation of the 2012 BOS/SOS Badge! Great work!

All my problems are gold plated! All my bottoms, exaggerated.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm Profile YIM WWW
 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next