Last visit was: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 pm It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 pm

[ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 How did you choose your forum name?? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: How did you choose your forum name??
SuaitiDeaga pronounced (Sue-ah-tee_Dae-ga).

I was given this at name by a South African Zulu tribes man named Bonginkosi who was selling hand made djembes. I bought a couple from him and we started talking about his culture and hom land. I asked him what his name ment(his name means "Be Happy"). I asked how you recieved a ceremonial name like this and he said you must be given it during special ceremony with music and dancing. After kicking it with them pretty much all night I proceeded to show my intrest in having my own authentic Zulu tribal name. He brought me back to his camp with his pals and we had our own little shindig with me dancing around and beating my djembes along with them chanting and dancing. Right in the middle of it all Bonginkosi grabs me by the arms, throws my hands up and yells SUAITIDEAGA!!!! SUAITIDEAGA!!!! SUAITIDEAGA!!!! He tells me it means "Beautiful Magical Noise" I'm not much of a percussionist so I think thats where the "Noise" part comes into play :D. And thats the story of SuaitiDeaga.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

SuaitiDeaga wrote:

I was given this at name by a South African Zulu tribes man named Bonginkosi who was selling hand made djembes. I bought a couple from him and we started talking about his culture and hom land. I asked him what his name ment(his name means "Be Happy"). I asked how you recieved a ceremonial name like this and he said you must be given it during special ceremony with music and dancing. After kicking it with them pretty much all night I proceeded to show my intrest in having my own authentic Zulu tribal name. He brought me back to his camp with his pals and we had our own little shindig with me dancing around and beating my djembes along with them chanting and dancing. Right in the middle of it all Bonginkosi grabs me by the arms, throws my hands up and yells SUAITIDEAGA!!!! SUAITIDEAGA!!!! SUAITIDEAGA!!!! He tells me it means "Beautiful Magical Noise" I'm not much of a percussionist so I think thats where the "Noise" part comes into play :D. And thats the story of SuaitiDeaga.

well the rest of should probably just stop. were never gonna beat that story.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Very 8-) Thanks for that. I have tried several attempts and don't believe I every got close to (Sue-ah-tee_Dae-ga).
:)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:02 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

SuaitiDeaga wrote:

Awesome story!! Can't wait to hear more about this experience in person at M&G or elsewhere!

Staring blindly into space, Getting up to splash my face
Wanting just to stay awake, Wond'ring how much I can take
Should I try to do some more, 25 or 6 to 4'

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Love all these!! Especially the pics of Treehugger and Blue!! Very nice!!!! :D

I got the name CShell from a Rainbow Gathering in South Carolina when I made a pit stop there (friend got in trouble at a NC GD show so we had to stick around for awhile and we discovered a Rainbow Gathering). This was back in 1991 I believe.

When we showed up, somebody asked my name. I told them Shelly and he said that there I would be know as CShell since I was just as pretty as one. Was a very special moment and taken in by very kind souls when I really needed it.

Thought the name would work here, but I started with TheSwanky1. After being here a bit, Doug changed it for me since I kept using CShell as my tag and he asked why. I told him I thought it was more fitting. He's so kind.

Of course, my friends still rag me endlessly about being CShell... :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah it was def. one for the record book :shock: them ZULU boys don't play around. ;) :D :mrgreen: :shock: 8-)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:12 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I used to be a big Grace Potter fan, and my 1st venture into being involved with a forum was the GPN street team. they USED to have owls on stage (Nocturnal)..that was pre fake red roses that made Grace look like she had a giant red bush between her legs. anyway, I've always loved owls and decided to be owllover on the GPN streen team, and it stuck. Now I have owls all over the damn place and I"m glad as hell I never got an owl tattoo. I think a MULE would be much better! :D

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:14 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

needless to say my feelings have changed about Grace. I thought the video of her with ABB doing Southern man was an embarassment. STOP the head shaking, the theatrics that are so over the top, the chicken dance, the screaming, the LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME outfits...just sing the s#%t out of GOOD songs that have nothing to do with pop and you may get your #1 fan back. until then....

SUSAN TEDESCHI IS THE SHIZNIT! :lol:

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

BigWinTrip wrote:
SuaitiDeaga wrote:

well the rest of should probably just stop. were never gonna beat that story.

I know right... makes my story look stupid!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImage

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm Profile
Wanee Master

owllover wrote:
needless to say my feelings have changed about Grace. I thought the video of her with ABB doing Southern man was an embarassment. STOP the head shaking, the theatrics that are so over the top, the chicken dance, the screaming, the LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME outfits...just sing the s#%t out of GOOD songs that have nothing to do with pop and you may get your #1 fan back. until then....

SUSAN TEDESCHI IS THE SHIZNIT! :lol:

Shes a damn Goddess!!! Love me some Susan!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm Profile
 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next