Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:59 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:59 am

[ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 How did you choose your forum name?? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: How did you choose your forum name??
little sister wrote:
I love all these stories!!!

Can't wait to hang wit youse guys at da Wanee!!!

Here's my name's back story: I was 17 and a very sheltered Catholic schoolgirl when I went down to Piedmont Park In 1969 to check out a fantastic new band called The Allman Brothers Band. How I heard of them I can't remember but wish I could. They were so rough looking to this little suburban girl that I wouldn't get too close 'cause they were scary lookin. I watched them from "safe" distance in a tree! I nearly fell out of said tree!
After they finished playin I was walkin and hagin with some of these new fangled hippies when I ran into Duane Allman. (I wouldn't realize this until much later) I said "Oh, you're from the band!" (Great conversation I know!) He said "Yeah. And what's your name, little sister?" I told him and we exchanged pleasantries, nothing profound. But he could tell I was shy and kinda scared and he was very sweet with me.
A very special memory.

Peace and love to you all... ;)

That's the best!!!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Mine is actually a nick-name given to me back in the late 80's by the coolest deadhead sister I've ever known. It stuck & most of my friends still call me SGH. She recently passed away... so this nick-name of mine has huge sentimental meaning to me now. I really miss her... but I'm grateful for the love she shared while she was here. Share a little love & it all comes back to ya... ;)

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

OK I know it's not a contest, but I gotta say that I think little sister's story wins! 8-)

Though SisterGoldenHair's is quite nice too :)

"Beach Bob" is dumb, but it's stuck to me now. Came from a work related incident from long long ago. A coworker, later to be my boss, started calling me that after he spied me ... uhh... in an off the clock location, dressed in an off the clock manner, at a decidedly on the clock time :D

This person never tells the part of the story where I would not have been 'spied' in such a manner, had he himself not been in the 'wrong' place at the 'wrong' time... :roll:

Right place, wrong time. Someone should write a song about that ...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

: DeadicatedCarp420
No,my first choice was to long.DeadicatedCarpenter420.So I left out the enter.And occupation was Carpenter/ DeadHead.Have not worked since last Dec,due to medical issues.But I will always be a DeadHead.As far as the 420,I have Nothing to hide from anyone.You only hide when you think you are doing something wrong.Oh,and for anyone living in Fl.There is a petition to legalize Medical Herb.They need a lot more signatures before Feb,2010,to get on the ballot in Nov,2010.WWW.PUFMM.com.I am pretty sure that is the address.You have to be a registered voter in Florida.Oh,and I still cant believe,I just registered on here,and I already have my own topic.And do I have to pull a picture out of photo bucket to post a picture.

For our brother Sean, I was looking for the toast to DC on 420 thread to bump it, couldnt find it but ran into this. RIP Brother!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Gnome

Work hard, play harder: Living life at Maxiumum Velocity! That's how we roll.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

katimus528 wrote:
Scrog you look familiar... are you on the bonnaroo boards?

You might see me on there! ;)

and actually my last name is Scroggie. IRL, I always introduce myself as Bryan, but after knowing me for a while people will start calling me Scrog. So I post as Scrog.

As the story goes, many, many moons ago there was a writer in Scotland giving a speech and such. After an evening walk he ended up in a grave yard. He found himself next to a tombstone that read:
Ebenezer Lennox Scroggie
'A Mean Man'

He thought to himself, who in life could have been so mean, that it would be put as their epitaph when they had passed on. This writer was Charles Dickens and from this encounter he went on to write, The Christmas Story.
Only thing, maybe it was dark, maybe Dickens was D-Runk, either way he got the epitaph wrong. Ebenezer was "A Meal Man", not mean. A meal man, comes from Ebenezer being a corn merchant. He was a festive man, he gave back to the community, he like good times, and a good party. He was nothing like the Ebeneser Scrooge in the Christmas Story.
I am Scrog and that is my family name and how perception can change everything. :P

Click HERE for the whole story

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

i'm a deadhead and phishhead,but i like alot of other music.so,keller williams has a song named freeker by the speaker. that's always been me phreeker. i also had this on my car lic.plate until i changed it. now my lic.plate says BONAROOO

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

WannaWaneesomore wrote:
No,my first choice was to long.DeadicatedCarpenter420.So I left out the enter.And occupation was Carpenter/ DeadHead.Have not worked since last Dec,due to medical issues.But I will always be a DeadHead.As far as the 420,I have Nothing to hide from anyone.You only hide when you think you are doing something wrong.Oh,and for anyone living in Fl.There is a petition to legalize Medical Herb.They need a lot more signatures before Feb,2010,to get on the ballot in Nov,2010.WWW.PUFMM.com.I am pretty sure that is the address.You have to be a registered voter in Florida.Oh,and I still cant believe,I just registered on here,and I already have my own topic.And do I have to pull a picture out of photo bucket to post a picture.

For our brother Sean, I was looking for the toast to DC on 420 thread to bump it, couldnt find it but ran into this. RIP Brother!

Very Nice addition to this!! :) Thank you Brother

ImageImageImage

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:02 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Scrog wrote:
katimus528 wrote:
Scrog you look familiar... are you on the bonnaroo boards?

You might see me on there! ;)

and actually my last name is Scroggie. IRL, I always introduce myself as Bryan, but after knowing me for a while people will start calling me Scrog. So I post as Scrog.

As the story goes, many, many moons ago there was a writer in Scotland giving a speech and such. After an evening walk he ended up in a grave yard. He found himself next to a tombstone that read:
Ebenezer Lennox Scroggie
'A Mean Man'

He thought to himself, who in life could have been so mean, that it would be put as their epitaph when they had passed on. This writer was Charles Dickens and from this encounter he went on to write, The Christmas Story.
Only thing, maybe it was dark, maybe Dickens was D-Runk, either way he got the epitaph wrong. Ebenezer was "A Meal Man", not mean. A meal man, comes from Ebenezer being a corn merchant. He was a festive man, he gave back to the community, he like good times, and a good party. He was nothing like the Ebeneser Scrooge in the Christmas Story.
I am Scrog and that is my family name and how perception can change everything. :P

Click HERE for the whole story

I have heard the "Mean Man" story, but not the rest of it... thanks for sharing :)

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

djkeeb69 wrote:
WannaWaneesomore wrote:

Very Nice addition to this!! :) Thank you Brother

I agree....nice touch.... :cry:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 pm Profile
 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next