Last visit was: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 pm It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 pm

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Treehouse Guys 
Wanee Pro

Post The Treehouse Guys
Heads up for those who need a SoS fix, even if just via television. The Treehouse Guys episode on the construction of the treehouse at the park debuts tomorrow night, August 18, at 9 pm on DIY network.

If you're close by, they are hosting a watch party in the Music Hall.

http://www.suwanneedemocrat.com/news/the-treehouse-guys-to-air-spirit-of-the-suwannee-s/article_3437cc7e-428e-11e5-a710-137864e70ef9.html

The link has a nice article about it, along with a pic of the treehouse. Where exactly is it located in the park, I'm sure my boys will want to check it out when we're there for Mag.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:48 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Post Re: The Treehouse Guys
Thanks, setting my dvr

Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:42 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Great!!!

Been watching every week trying to find this build....Finally....!
We saw it from the river last year kayaking....but never been up to it to see it close up.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:53 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

RN, roughly where is it located in the park?

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:18 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Down toward the Canoe Outpost.....maybe a quarter mile back toward the Park....down on the river....
If you go down River Road on golf cart turn down the Power lines to the trails along the river edge and go back toward the park...it is down that way....
can't pinpoint it for you....We've been down by it ...just never stopped in.
Volkemon can probably give you better directions.....I was following him on a cart when we went by it.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:32 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Took a tour during Wanee last year. Very nice! I'll see if I can upload a couple pics. There's a less than a 50% chance I'll be sucessful. :?

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:50 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Easy to find the monster stairs...

See if this map helps - download/file.php?id=3765&mode=view

Take LOWER river road, the one that goes on the river side of the Grand Hall. The deck overlook will be on your right. Upon reaching the bottom of the hill, you should see a trail on the right, it has been blocked off as of late with the treehouse notice. Used to be one of the better river camping areas. Enter there, go until you see the monster set of stairs or appropriate signage.

Or.... passing the Grand hall on river road, go down the hill (past Camp Volke) and soon you will go under some power lines. Go towards the river, the other choice leads uphill. When you approach the river, you will see a trail on the very end on the right. Follow this trail, past Pattie's favorite spot to camp in the park. (NOW CLOSED :evil: ) Soon you will see the large set of stairs. Its next to a great beautiful tree Pattie would hug when we used to ride our bikes (or cart) by.

Hope this helps.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:45 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Matt took us for a tour before last Wanee.

Teresa said I took more pictures of the hardware connecting it to the tree than I did of the interior.

I told her I build million dollar houses but none are up a tree ;)

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:26 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks for the directions, we'll definitely check it out during Mag. I'll probably also be more interested in how it's attached to the tree. Sounds like it's a little different than the tree houses my brothers, buddies & I built in the woods growing up, when we built them by chopping down scrubs with an ax, then finding a couple of trees located somewhat close together with branch forks at roughly the same height. We'd lodge the crossposts into the forks, then tie them on with rope.

Took a few nasty falls, the worst of which came when a cross post broke & we all fell from 15 feet or so up. Of course, due to how the thing broke, we all hit the ground hard - then the rest of the logs came crashing down on top of us.

Nowadays our parents would get jailed for child neglect, but we also turned out normal. Well, kinda.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:03 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Volke, is it closer to Grand Hall or the power lines? I'll find it either way, but it would be really good if I can decrease the walk for a certain female with whom I share a tent.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:41 am Profile
 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next