Last visit was: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:00 am It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:00 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Glow Sticks ?! 
Wanee Fan

Post Glow Sticks ?!
I was considering bring a bunch (few hundred) glow sticks with me. I have not seen may glow sticks in pictures and videos that I have watched. Just looking for input:

Will I be able to bring then into the concert area (do you get searched on the way in?)

Is there a reason there isnt many there?

I think it would be fun, but others at the fest might not share my view. Should I leave them behind?

Any input would be great, positive or negative

Thanks!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Glow Sticks ?!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the huggers bring a lot of glowsticks, but they glowstick people and typically don't throw them. I would bring them, if you have room, and then just judge the vibe of the environment when you want to use them. You'll know if it's right or not.

And you're right, there is not glowstick wars like it's a Suzy Greenberg bust out.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

No. Don't be that guy. Unless you plan on picking every single one up. They are toxic to the natural environment and I, for one, do not like being hit in the head with them. Personally, I can't believe that anyone that considers themself to be have hippie values would even consider glowsticks.

Ask yourself, do you want to be the guy that defiles our gorgeous park? Pack in, pack out.

Don't be a flat brim mal-dawg bro!

Last edited by Nasty Nate on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Nasty Nate wrote:
No. Don't be that guy. Unless you plan on picking every single one up. They are toxic to the natural environment and I, for one, do not like being hit in the head with them. Personally, I can't believe that anyone that considers themself to be have hippie values would even consider glowsticks.

Ask yourself, do you want to be the guy that defiles our gorgeous park?

Don't be a flat brim mal-dawg bro!

Well, if he's going to make necklaces and such out of them, I don't really see the problem with that.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Agreed..... leaving them all over the park however is not.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Peach

this girl with a broken leg a few years back hadhundreds on her leg andmy buddy tried to pick them up lol

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Peach

agree with libarchiver, chucking them around is one thing, wearing them and putting them around your site isn't really that big of a deal. They can be helpful to find your camp site in the wee hours of the morning too! : :D :D :D

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I have a ghostbuster costume i will probably bust our for Particle and will have glowsticks on my proton pack but i don't throw them at outside shows.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Anyone know if there a glowstick recycling collection going on at Wanee? I've seen them at other festivals. They can be a lot of fun. But as with anything else, you can't leave your s#%t all over the park. Hope everyone signs the Clean Concert Pledge!

http://www.waneefestival.com/wanee_greening_pop.html

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Pro

We'll be glowing at least one night and we're bringing enough to share.

glow stick trash not allowed :!:

We practice the leave no trace ethic in general. Our campsite will be clean for the next group :) Festival grounds won't have our leavings either.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:08 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next