Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:04 am It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:04 am

[ 9 posts ] 
 Misc. questions 
Wanee Gnome

Post Misc. questions
Where in the camp grounds has the cleanest porta johns. I've grabbed some toilet seat covers from my workplace restroom , but I remember the Phish show in the Everglades. The toilets nearest the concert site were overflowing. Will that be a problem at Wanee? Also, I'm thinking of camping in the pine field area near the bat house. I figure the bats will keep the misquitos down. Is this a good area? I was going to bring a generator, but they told be I would be relegated to the farm field with no shade and it has to be turned off by 11pm. 11pm? Are they serious? Is this rule followed. I would still like to bring my generator if I can use it at night after the shows for the fans. I mean come on the drum circle will be blasting til about 5 am so why does having a generator on in a relegated field matter so much. Any comments on this.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:00 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Misc. questions
What kind of generator do you have? IE the home depot screaming loud type or a quiet one like the Yamaha. Honda. Kipor? If you had one of the quiet types, you would know if you did, I would think you would have no problem running it all night as long as you were not camping directly next to someone. I think anyone within a 100 yards would be able to hear the loud one and you will have problems late at night with that for sure.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

All I know is the portapotties farthest away from main area are obviously going to be the cleanest. They have regular bathrooms as well on the grounds- and are usually kept up well by the staff- it's customary to tip them something small every now and then- and a big thank you goes a long way, too!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

It's a 5500 briggs and straten. You know, I bought it a few years ago for hurricane season and have never even put oil in it yet so I don't actually know how loud it is. I must confess, it was bought at home depot but briggs makes good engines. I don't think I'll prep it and try it out before I go simply because of the mess. I have to keep it in my townhome. Decisions, decisions.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Well i will tell you now, those things have a lot of power and will do well getting you through a hurricane, but they are very very loud. I would ask the park when you get there and see if they can suggest a more remote location or something that backs up to the woods, just a thought.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:47 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks dwave for your input. I'm leaning on keeping it simple so as to stay under the trees for shade. I suppose I should crank it up to get it going seeing as 'cane season is now here. I can't wait. I feel like little kid again waiting to open my presents on christmas. Just a couple of days away and I leave tomorrow night. Ciao

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 pm Profile
Site Admin

The battery powered fans do a pretty good job. See this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=258

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:29 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks waneelover, It looks like I'll be stopping by walmart after work tonight. The coleman tent ceiling fans look like a great option. Thanks again.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 pm Profile
Site Admin

Not a problem. Let me know if you find something or not - I think I saw a couple of our fans in the gear earlier today and we won't be using them and can bring them out if need be.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 pm Profile
 [ 9 posts ]