Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 Weather article from the Tallahassee Democrat 
Wanee Veteran

Post Weather article from the Tallahassee Democrat
Weather Service calling for heavy rain but no severe storms over next couple of days

By Jeff Burlew • Assistant Metro Editor • June 3, 2009

The National Weather Service in Tallahassee says heavy rainfall is possible today through Friday, but severe storms aren’t expected.

“Some of the thunderstorms could produce very heavy rainfall,” said Tim Barry, meteorologist with the Weather Service. “But they will be moving, so we’re not looking for any kind of flooding situation.”

Some places could see a half inch to an inch of rain, he added.

The Weather Service is calling for a 70 percent chance of rain today, a 60 percent chance Thursday and a 40 percent chance Friday.

No watches or warnings have been issued.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:41 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Weather article from the Tallahassee Democrat
Sounds like Florida in the summer to me!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

cybergaloot wrote:
Sounds like Florida in the summer to me!

Yep, normal this time of year.

I just PMed you cybergaloot

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:50 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

marky wrote:
^Translation: It will rain very heavily for a little while in the afternoon everday :!:

Exactly. And, if we're lucky, it will stay overcast which will keep the temp. in the mid 80's which is MUCH better than the mid 90's.

Here's a couple tips from someone who has camped in many monsoons. Bring a spare pair of shoes and keep them in your car along with some extra clothes and bedding. If you keep everything in the tent and tent gets swamped it gets kinda tough to have fun.

I have a full rain suit and when ever I pack it it never rains. This works about 90% of the time, so...I'm packing it. If you see the Gordon's Fisherman groovin in front of the stage in a downpour...that's me!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

WFO wrote:
I have a full rain suit and when ever I pack it it never rains. This works about 90% of the time, so...I'm packing it.

Yep, that's the way my mojo works too. Especially if it is bulky and a pain the butt to carry around. Life just likes for me to work hard for no good reason.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]