Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 am It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 am

[ 4 posts ] 
 Take the Journey ! PLeaSe 
Wanee Lover

Post Take the Journey ! PLeaSe
ok,,this is some form of spamming i'm sure,
but i felt the group of you out there in waneeboardland
needed to pick up on this vibe....

my friend Eric did a documentary called "the Journey" years back...
it is a very inspirational film that i am sure you would all enjoy.

he sets out to find what "success" means and is all about in the eyes of many,,,a journey of finding oneself in this big ol world we live in....
he takes a VW bus and travels around and interviews some prominent people,,Coca Cola CEO,UPS,Billy Crystal,Henry Winkler,Woody Guthrie,among many many others.....

check out his site and look for The Journey Film,and when you do,make sure to watch the bonus features.
you'll be glad you did.

click on "Eric's story" at the top and check it out!!
http://www.ericsaperston.com/

Fri May 01, 2009 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Take the Journey ! PLeaSe
:o !!!

You know him?

I saw this in a theatre in Atlanta several years ago. This is literally one of the best, most-inspiring films I've ever seen. For months I was trying to find it so I could share it with others. I'm ordering a copy right now!

All, you MUST check this out. :!:

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Fri May 01, 2009 9:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Wavo, can I just tell you how much this made my day?

I just ordered a copy. I'm so excited. I remember being so bummed that I couldn't find it anymore. This goes to show that if something is really important, it'll come back into your life. That's it....I'm calling Serendipity! :lol:

I just checked out the website and had a flood of memories come back.

Thank you Wavo. You have NO idea how much this means to me. :D

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

excellent fj

so you get it...... i hope the rest of our people here will too....

i was turned on to Eric's film by a good friend that has now moved to colorado...
next thing i know, i was at a ymsb (yonder mtn string band) show here and walked into Eric and rapped with him about the film.
more karma followed with this whole vibe and got to meet up with Eric on several more occasions.
he did some wonderful events (seminars) here on the positive vibrations of our times and events... had several "Cinema Paradisio" shows where he would have dinner and a movie at a tavern or club in Atl.
you got to hang out with great people to talk or network,have a few drinks,,then Eric would have some words to say onstage,,then show a movie that you had no idea of what was being shown until show time.
motivational speakers can be exciting if they click ~within~ and he did just that for me....

Eric was going to do another film on "behind the scenes" of jam bands,,,moe,sci etc... but that was veered off for some reasons known to Eric,,,,he is now involved in writing....

haven't seen him in over a year....can't wait to see what he will do next.....or what i do next.

please,,,to all out there,,check out The Journey.....you'll be glad you did.

(you can google "the journey film" ,or the link i posted,,,it takes you there.)

enjoy
wavo

Sat May 02, 2009 12:17 am Profile
 [ 4 posts ]