Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 am It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 am

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Furthur Wanee Sets : ) 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Furthur Wanee Sets : )
Has anyone here bought the official sound board copy? I was just wondering if the quality is that much better then these crowd recordings that were posted here.

Also wasnt sure if they soudnboard versions had phils bass levels turned down some (especially in fridays set)

thanks,
Charlie

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

chuckc wrote:
Has anyone here bought the official sound board copy? I was just wondering if the quality is that much better then these crowd recordings that were posted here.

Also wasnt sure if they soudnboard versions had phils bass levels turned down some (especially in fridays set)

thanks,
Charlie

I sprung for both nights, bought them at the Wanee tent Sat. night. But I've only listened to them in my car, which has a factory system. So I'm no critical judge as to audio quality, though I did hear drums, bass, a couple guitars, keys, and some singing :D . One thing I did notice was that there were no audience mics in the mix; several spots I *know* the crowd [and me!] were going bonkers, but you can barely hear any audience reaction. Have not listened to the audience recordings; obviously there will be appropriate crowd noisemaking content on those ;)

With MunckMusic [ABB, & several other Wanee artists], you can buy the 'on the fly' mix on the night of the show, or wait a couple weeks and d/l a properly mixed version. Not sure if Further offers a remixed show like MunckMusic does.

Perhaps a listening party is in order? Heh heh heh!!! 8-)

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

chuckc wrote:

thanks,
Charlie

?? did you listen to these? I am pretty sure they are the SBD's. If not they are by far the best audience recording I have ever heard. They are crystal. I think what you are hearing is the crowd bleed from the stage mic's. These are incredible recordings.

Tue May 01, 2012 2:24 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

SAT WAS........ Sometimes when words fail silence is the only truth....knowing that i will try anyways.. sat was a show that i could honestly not have asked more out of. It put me in touch with a pure feeling of joy that i have not felt in some time. It certainly lightend my load! LOVE the way they twisted the turn overs into other songs. Those keys were on fire and bob and phill were in full control. They pulled out all the stops on that set list, its almost as if they just took requests... Fridays show had moments but i knew somehow that the sat show was going to be the one before i ever came.....everyone around me was blown away by that show and i was left completly filled to the brim with good lovin...

Sat May 05, 2012 2:03 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Here :lol: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7287073/ ... D_Live_Oak

gnomes and hobbits soundboard great quality here!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:44 am Profile
Wanee Master

One complaint: how difficult would it be to introduce the incredible band members that some (me!) in the crowd did not know? The lead guitar and keyboards were awesome both nights, but Saturday was ridiculous. It couldn't possibly hurt to say a couple of names!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks!

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

On Saturday
the wheels were turning,
and I couldn't slow down,
I couldn't let go,
and I couldn't hold on,
I couldn't go back,
and I couldn't stand still...

There are things that music can do that language could never do, that painting can never do, or sculpture. Music is capable of going directly to the source of the mystery. It doesn't have to explain it. It can simply celebrate it.(and make you dance your azzoff!)

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:42 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

If the Thunder dont get you

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Jbone wrote:
If the Thunder dont get you

The [white] lightning did!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 pm Profile
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3