Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:32 am It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:32 am

[ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Bear Creek 2012 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Bear Creek 2012
Gots to get funky!

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
One other aspect to Bear Creek is the relative ease of getting to meet and talk to the performers. It is next to impossible at Wanee to get access to the musicians, because of the way the stages are set up, the size of the crowd, and...

Well, at Bear Creek, many of the musicians seem to go out of their way to interact with the festival goers. As an autograph hound, that is one aspect of Bear Creek I always enjoy.

Yeah every year I am amazed by the amount of artists I see cruisin' round on Golf Carts and just flat out enjoying themselves. I have never heard a single complaint about Bear Creek from anyone! ...other than people who can't take the cold nipz.

Wed May 09, 2012 9:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

True! Saturday morning last year, I was waiting in line for the shower, when a guy behind me is talking to a friend. Turns out to be Scott Baston, the former lead singer for Moonshine Still (they were INCREDIBLE -- only got to see them once) and now leader of Saint Francis, who played in the music hall. So I got to talk to him for a bit.

Or seeing Skerik and Freekbass in the silent disco tent and then getting to talk to both of them (and have Skerik sign various CDs!).

It is just a warm (OK, not temperature-wise) festival. Roosevelt Collier, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, London Souls, Garaj Mahal -- it provides a real connection to the music.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed May 09, 2012 6:09 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
True! Saturday morning last year, I was waiting in line for the shower, when a guy behind me is talking to a friend. Turns out to be Scott Baston, the former lead singer for Moonshine Still (they were INCREDIBLE -- only got to see them once) and now leader of Saint Francis, who played in the music hall. So I got to talk to him for a bit.

Or seeing Skerik and Freekbass in the silent disco tent and then getting to talk to both of them (and have Skerik sign various CDs!).

It is just a warm (OK, not temperature-wise) festival. Roosevelt Collier, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, London Souls, Garaj Mahal -- it provides a real connection to the music.

That's awesome! Yeah I might have to end up being one of those autograph hounds this year, haven't ever done it in the past, but might be bout time :mrgreen:

I wonder if Bear Creek has a forum where we can arrange a M&G and all that good stuff... an additional place for the BOS/SOS to reside.

Thu May 10, 2012 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Bear Creek is da bomb! Did you hear Dumpstaphunk's set from Wanee? If you didn't, do yourself a favor and listen on panicstream.com 8-) That's what Bear Creek is like! Krasno rules!

Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

after alot of thinking we have choosen bear creek this yr the younger folks in our group are yearning for some funk hopefully its not too cold june 1st is the approx. date the tickets go up in price.

Thu May 10, 2012 5:25 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Here is the link to the Bear Creek forum. It is nothing like this forum, but it could be...

or die trying

wait -- scratch that -- it just has to try harder!

Thu May 10, 2012 10:01 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Here is the link to the Bear Creek forum. It is nothing like this forum, but it could be...

or die trying

wait -- scratch that -- it just has to try harder!

:lol: I think you may have forgotten the link, but it's all good, I'm sure I can find it. We need to try to get that thing up and movin'!

Sat May 12, 2012 12:25 pm Profile
Wanee Master

That's what I get for attempting to be clever.

EPIC FAIL

http://www.funknjam.com/forum/index.php

Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:

Scott is a friend. He sold me my oven at HH Greg a few yrs back. His new band, St Francis, is good. Check em out.

Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 am Profile
 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next