Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 pm It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 pm

[ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next
 Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Magnolia Fest
My kids spent 4 years at UF and never hit the lottery.
(but they managed to get tickets when they tried).
Now my daughter is getting another degree and hit the lottery. Guess if you try enuff ....things will happen. Now, they are not selling out (even tho they say they are)...so she can get 2 tickets without any problem.
(My daughter also went to SFCC).

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
My kids spent 4 years at UF and never hit the lottery.
(but they managed to get tickets when they tried).
Now my daughter is getting another degree and hit the lottery. Guess if you try enuff ....things will happen. Now, they are not selling out (even tho they say they are)...so she can get 2 tickets without any problem.
(My daughter also went to SFCC).

Going to UF is like winning the Lottery ;)

What is your Daughter studying? My Son is in the School of Engineering for Computer with a minor in Electrical.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 am Profile
Wanee Master

She has a degree in Packaging Science...(the Architecture of Packaging.) A great degree....just nobody is hiring right now.

She took enough Science that she is getting an advanced Nursing Degree...as she ought to be able to work in this field earlier. Maybe even later...working on something even higher.
A D. O. program has contacted her about entering their program.

But first...she needs to make a little money.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:37 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I was wondering if any single day tickets will be for sale and how much might these be.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Indy_Hawkeye wrote:
I was wondering if any single day tickets will be for sale and how much might these be.

According to the website http://www.magnoliafest.com/tickets/ the price is TBD. So they are not selling yet.
I guess around $65.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
She has a degree in Packaging Science...(the Architecture of Packaging.) A great degree....just nobody is hiring right now.

She took enough Science that she is getting an advanced Nursing Degree...as she ought to be able to work in this field earlier. Maybe even later...working on something even higher.

The great thing about anything in the Medical field is it people won't stop getting sick so even in a bad economy there will be work.
Hard to beat Shands Teaching Hospital.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

I believe Mag has added a few more bands....not that I have ever heard them...probably mostly smaller local name bands.

Thanks for an additional!

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:53 am Profile
Wanee Master

http://www.magnoliafest.com/lineup/

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

The great thing about anything in the Medical field is it people won't stop getting sick so even in a bad economy there will be work.
Hard to beat Shands Teaching Hospital.

Yes, you are correct, people still get sick but many will opt out of elective surgery and other things that may be postponed. Hospitals are all feeling the crunch from the bad economy. Many have laid off employees and are trying very hard to tighten the purse strings.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent here, back to the Magfest discussion!

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jeez....thanks for the depressing news.
She got one degree without any jobs....and now she is getting another w/o any jobs????

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm Profile
 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next