Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 pm It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 pm

[ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 37  Next
 Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Magnolia Fest
Rivernole wrote:
Jeez....thanks for the depressing news.
She got one degree without any jobs....and now she is getting another w/o any jobs????

No, what I was trying to say is that hospitals DO take a hit when the economy goes sour. If you look around there are nursing jobs everywhere but many of the ancillary positions are hard to find...

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:22 pm Profile
Wanee Master

No worries River she's a Gator-"in all kinds of weather we all stick together" and the networking she'll get From having a degree from UF Nursing school will open up lots of doors. 8-)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:41 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

At first Adam and I disagreed on whether or not to keep the name "Waneetopia" for all festivals, or to change it to "Utopia" for Magfest and any other fests besides Wanee. He has been slowly but surely persuading me to keep the "Waneetopia" camp name universally. Points in favor: we can use the same banner, people know us as "Waneetopia", we can get stickers, koozies, etc. printed up, and after all, we did meet at Wanee, and our family (SOS and BOS) was born at Wanee. So what do y'all think?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

treehugger wrote:
Points in favor: we can use the same banner, people know us as "Waneetopia", we can get stickers, koozies, etc. printed up, and after all, we did meet at Wanee, and our family (SOS and BOS) was born at Wanee. So what do y'all think?

Very good point! Agreed even though this will be my first time in Waneetopia!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 am Profile
Wanee Master

Capt Brian wrote:
treehugger wrote:
Points in favor: we can use the same banner, people know us as "Waneetopia", we can get stickers, koozies, etc. printed up, and after all, we did meet at Wanee, and our family (SOS and BOS) was born at Wanee. So what do y'all think?

Very good point! Agreed even though this will be my first time in Waneetopia!

***rubs hands together**** ****insert evil laugh here**** Muhahahahahaha!!!.....

it just make sense to keep it, was asked by more than just a couple people if we were Waneetopia at the flood jam, the name already has recognition... plus i like it! ;)

ImageImageImage

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:13 am Profile
Wanee Master

treehugger wrote:
At first Adam and I disagreed on whether or not to keep the name "Waneetopia" for all festivals, or to change it to "Utopia" for Magfest and any other fests besides Wanee. He has been slowly but surely persuading me to keep the "Waneetopia" camp name universally. Points in favor: we can use the same banner, people know us as "Waneetopia", we can get stickers, koozies, etc. printed up, and after all, we did meet at Wanee, and our family (SOS and BOS) was born at Wanee. So what do y'all think?

Even though I don't camp there...it is easy to use that area as a starting place when giving directions. It is easy to describe and easy for people to find. Signs are helpful and it is a grate group of people. I have come around to agree with Adam... Waneetopia would be an excellent name for all events. Wanee has become a state of mind and this area upholds those concepts of giving and fellowship. i vote to use the name universally.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:58 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Rivernole wrote:
treehugger wrote:

Even though I don't camp there...it is easy to use that area as a starting place when giving directions. It is easy to describe and easy for people to find. Signs are helpful and it is a grate group of people. I have come around to agree with Adam... Waneetopia would be an excellent name for all events. Wanee has become a state of mind and this area upholds those concepts of giving and fellowship. i vote to use the name universally.

I would agree also. You've got brand recognition. I don't think i've met anyone in person on this board and I tend to rotate festivals (can only do 1 or 2 per year), so it would be easy for folk like me regardless of the festival to go "hey, there are those cool cats from the message board"

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Anyone here when the schedule will be released?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 pm Profile
Wanee Master

http://www.magnoliafest.com/schedule/

Not released as of yet.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Just got some bad news. Charles has to fly out for Canada for a class for work on the Monday after Magfest, so that means we have to leave on Sunday. Does anyone know what time the music usually ends on Sunday?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:58 pm Profile
 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 37  Next