Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:43 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:43 am

[ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next
 Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Magnolia Fest
It's a folk fest only in the sense that there are lots of good folks that attend Magnolia Fest :D

Thu May 03, 2012 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Obviously I'm uneducated on the community! I just checked suwanee's website, and was pretty impressed with all the different concerts happening. Out of curiosity, is there often confusion, and/or joking about the similarly named MAGFest in DC?

Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 am Profile
Wanee Master

SoSMP is an awesome venue, I've only been to Wanee,but I am looking forward to MagFest this October.

Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Not a BOS/SOS but I should be there :o We usually go with the whole family. Mickey Hart, Del Mccoury, Jimmy Herring, Chris Robinson...lineup is looking really nice. Hope its warmer than last year!

Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Nick The Newbie wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there often confusion, and/or joking about the similarly named MAGFest in DC?

Hell, we didn't even know there is a Magfest in DC. This is the only one that counts.
To help you understand...there are several festies all held in the same location. Generally, there is some deliniation as to the music types. One kinda folksie...Wanee maybe a little more R&R....Magfest a little more Americana and Bear Creek a little more electronica. It is hard to put anyone of them in a strict category as there are different types of music at each. But each leans just a little differently. First and foremost there is sufficient and great talent at each to warrant a good following. And the venue and good Southern hospitality for everyone to enjoy. The venue offers a lot,,,it is spacious and there is something for everyone...from canoeing,,,to the primitive campsites and for the RVers to enjoy.
You must decide which bands that you follow and the style you prefer. I don't think you will be disappointed with any of the festies and ambience.
Good Folks and Good Times.

Thu May 03, 2012 1:50 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Magfest is the most kid friend one right? I'm REALLY glad I didn't bring my lill one to wanee. I mean, i saw kids, but i had more fun without him. (mommy guilt for a second- remembers the fun she had- ok, now mom guilt gone)
We really want to make this one- but will not know our situation until a few months from now.

Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

I have never been to Springfest...but Bear Creek was kid friendly, also. With kid friendly....it is all in the eye of the beholder. I think Bear and Mag would be fine for kids...it is rather cold, however...so it is according to how old and whether they are up to a week of possibly cold. You know what we elders enjoy and what particularly young kids enjoy might be two different things. But I would not hesitate to bring some older kids to any but Wanee.
I was distressed at Bear that a couple brought a kid in a carrier and carried the young baby up to the front with earphones on...while they danced away and ignored the baby. Not Cool, in my opinion.

Thu May 03, 2012 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

djkeeb69 wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
djkeeb69 wrote:
Waneetopia will be up and running once again!!! :) You already know i come big!! lol!! :)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Will you call it Magnoliatopia? :lol: :lol:

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANEETOPIA!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Adam, I don't think Waneetopia fits at any other festival. After all, Wanee is part of the name. We should have named our camp something nonspecific to Wanee if we are going to keep it for every festival. I feel weird hanging the Waneetopia Banner at Magfest. I know you are determined and I am being OCD I guess, but I can't help feeling weird about it. :?

Thu May 03, 2012 5:29 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Magnopolis, perhaps.

Thu May 03, 2012 5:34 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Also, this fest is called Magnolia Festival, Mag for short.

Thu May 03, 2012 5:51 pm Profile
 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next