Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:53 pm It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:53 pm

[ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37  Next
 Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Magnolia Fest
How was Bonnie Raitt? :?:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

In my humble opinion...she was okay......not great.
Being politically correct....she had a signer for the deaf. My question is...how many deaf go to a music concert to watch sign language and not hear the words. Hey, that is just me.....there may be many.
She told some really nice stories and her music was tight. Just was not that impressed. I heard many say the same thing.
I was amazed at how skinny she has gotten....not that this has anything to do with her extreme talent.
And she would not let anyone in with cameras. My friends were told they had to take them back to their campsites as Bonnie refuses cameras at her performances. As one of them said..."Hell, I'd rather take a picture of you than of her." And that, my friends, would not be a pretty sight.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

bonnies group tempo seemed alittle off to me we were tired and left halfway thru her performance. mofro was great and would of enjoyed another set like moe did last yr at magfest

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:59 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole, was the guy with the col. playing pedal steel and lap Steel? If so, that would be AJ Ghent, a superb player who has often played with the Lee Boys.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:35 pm Profile
Wanee Master

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Rivernole, was the guy with the col. playing pedal steel and lap Steel? If so, that would be AJ Ghent, a superb player who has often played with the Lee Boys.

Sounds like him...
almost as energetic as the Tornado Rider....(not quite, tho)

And I also left before Bonnie's show was over....

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
In my humble opinion...she was okay......not great.
Being politically correct....she had a signer for the deaf. My question is...how many deaf go to a music concert to watch sign language and not hear the words. Hey, that is just me.....there may be many.
She told some really nice stories and her music was tight. Just was not that impressed. I heard many say the same thing.
I was amazed at how skinny she has gotten....not that this has anything to do with her extreme talent.
And she would not let anyone in with cameras. My friends were told they had to take them back to their campsites as Bonnie refuses cameras at her performances. As one of them said..."Hell, I'd rather take a picture of you than of her." And that, my friends, would not be a pretty sight.

Michael Franti has a signer evry show I have seen him do since 08 :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

col. called the pedal steel performer the man of steel

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:10 pm Profile
Wanee Master

whole lot of love wrote:
tornado rider pushed the limits on saturday porch stage the kids were fascinated with this group. anders also brought his A game thursday night. the thunder sounds of mickey bassist schools and his singer were way out there too figures a monster storm followed the performance.

told ya they were something to see! Always listen to your Andie Bee. Great great time. The whole Fest is one happy tie dyed swirl!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

AndieBee wrote:
whole lot of love wrote:
tornado rider pushed the limits on saturday porch stage the kids were fascinated with this group. anders also brought his A game thursday night. the thunder sounds of mickey bassist schools and his singer were way out there too figures a monster storm followed the performance.

told ya they were something to see! Always listen to your Andie Bee. Great great time. The whole Fest is one happy tie dyed swirl!

WE ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE QUEEN BEE!!!! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Igot a great picture of Bonnie hugging her guitar.
I enjoyed hearing her play as I've been a big fan for years, but she didn't move my feet like JJ and HISB.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 pm Profile
 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 37  Next