Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 am It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 am

[ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Magnolia Fest
I have not given my opinion of Bonnie yet, and have put some thought into what I wanted to say. I can't give a good review because I only caught the last 20 mins. Bonnie looks great for her age, is very talented and puts on a good show. BUT.....IMO does not belong at our festivals. Why? Because she is not of the same cloth as our musicians. She is pop, commercial, rehearsed, and everything that our improvisational, organic musicians are not. I was not happy with being told I had to take my camera back to my campsite and could not bring it in when I wanted to take pictures of Jimmy Herring who was still playing at the time. Of course I didn't take it all the way back. I hid it better and got in with it. But the point is, I didn't like the vibe of "no cameras" and watching security walk around busting people for taking pictures and taking their memory cards. That is BS when the whole rest of the fest was photo friendly. She just doesn't have the right vibe to play Magfest or any other fest at the SOSMP. That is just my opinion. I am not dissing her, she is what she is. She is a class act in the world of pop mainstream music and she has a beautiful voice and some awesome songs. Now Emmylou Harris on the other hand is just as down to earth as can be, totally fits right in to our scene, and carries the spirit of true roots Americana music in her soul. I loved her set. Sorry Bonnie, no offense, but I was just not digging the vibe.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I love Bonnie Raitt. I have since high school. I love her blues and the fact that she still pays homage to those roots. I have not seen her live in years, so I was shocked about the no cameras thing. In a venue so family oriented I did feel insulted. The show itself was lukewarm for me with a few very high points. The best part was being surrounded by SOS/BOS. We left a little early and enjoyed the end of her set from camp. Sounded great from there.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 am Profile
Wanee Master

I got a fantastic picture of Bonnie-Power to the People 8-) :lol:

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i tried to talk the wife into springfest instead of wanne almost got smashed :yes dear: magfest was alot of fun

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

WTF.........NO CAMERAS??????

What a load of CRAP! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

magfest was the best because i was with you guys. i missed Bonnie,well i was distracted,some how. great shows tho,jj grey,jimmy herring,cope,granpa's cough medicine,mickey hart,and many more.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:23 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

A little view of Mag-Waneetopia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nVyCqC7 ... e=g-crec-u

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:35 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Master

Thank you! Made me smile.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Nice! :)

Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Now I'm dizzy....What happened to the monkeys in the trees???

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:11 am Profile
 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next