Last visit was: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm

[ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next
 Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Magnolia Fest
Yep, I would be glad to make us a new banner with "Magnoliatopia" or "Magtopia" or "Brothers and Sisters of the Suwanee" or whatever. I just don't think Waneetopia is appropriate for any other festival. But that's just my opinion, and the subject is of course up for debate or discussion. Adam???

Thu May 03, 2012 6:29 pm Profile
Wanee Master

treehugger wrote:
Yep, I would be glad to make us a new banner with "Magnoliatopia" or "Magtopia" or "Brothers and Sisters of the Suwanee" or whatever. I just don't think Waneetopia is appropriate for any other festival. But that's just my opinion, and the subject is of course up for debate or discussion. Adam???

Yall already know i bow to the majority, dont gotta be waneetopia, i was just looking at it form the perspective of the other large group campers consistantally use same name, thats was all, something people would always reconize at each festival.... your call Mama! :)

ImageImageImage

Thu May 03, 2012 7:57 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

In retrospect I wish we had come up with a more generic name instead of something with "Wanee" in the name. I wasn't even thinking about other festivals when we decided on Waneetopia. I love the name, don't get me wrong, but I think that it would be unfair to Magfest to bring the Wanee name to that festival. Just seems kinda inappropriate to me. :|

Let's think about this. Should we come up with a name that would be good for all festivals? Or should we use "topia" at the end of every festival name, like "Magtopia" or "Beartopia" But that wouldn't work for
Blackwater or Purple Hatters, would it? Pupletopia? Blacktopia? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 03, 2012 9:09 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I will be there... & I can't wait to see my brothers & sisters again!!! I'll be more than ready for some more of those hugs & that oh so beautiful LOVE.... :D

Thu May 03, 2012 9:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

treehugger wrote:
In retrospect I wish we had come up with a more generic name instead of something with "Wanee" in the name. I wasn't even thinking about other festivals when we decided on Waneetopia. I love the name, don't get me wrong, but I think that it would be unfair to Magfest to bring the Wanee name to that festival. Just seems kinda inappropriate to me. :|

Let's think about this. Should we come up with a name that would be good for all festivals? Or should we use "topia" at the end of every festival name, like "Magtopia" or "Beartopia" But that wouldn't work for
Blackwater or Purple Hatters, would it? Pupletopia? Blacktopia? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suwanneetopia... lol idk, its on yall, what ever it is called ill be there directing traffic! lol

ImageImageImage

Thu May 03, 2012 10:32 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Brothers and Sisters of the Suwannee sounds like a winner to me, and you can use it every time. At Wanee, that means TWO awesome banners. Just a thought...

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

djkeeb69 wrote:
treehugger wrote:

Suwanneetopia... lol idk, its on yall, what ever it is called ill be there directing traffic! lol

Call it MAGgie's Farm

Fri May 04, 2012 6:04 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I claim no vote as to y'all's camp name, but IMO Maggie's Farm is a cool name any way you cut it ;)

At MagFest, among the camps around the lake you will find Slopryland, Family Land, Poohville, Pagodaville, and my camp, Sloonerville... We have been known to sloon at our camp 8-)

Several years ago, somebody at our camp had a crapload of energy and walked the entire MagFest campgrounds, collecting camp names. The list was something like 60 names long :shock:

What's in a name? :D

Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 am Profile
Wanee Master

ok, my final chime in on the name

lets just go with Utopia .. and add Wanee back to it for Wanee

ImageImageImage

Fri May 04, 2012 10:34 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I like these kind of things,

Waneetopia