Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 An open apology 
Wanee Master

Post An open apology
For all the canoeist....I realize you didn't miss me...but I apologize for committing on the canoe trip and then not showing up. I was holding a spot for one of my buds that was supposed to arrive early...but didn't. He called and said he would be there about the time of the trip and I met him at the Chapel to lead him to our camping spot. I should have at least let you guys know or even more importantly apologized sooner. Sorry for any inconvenience (if there was one). Hope all of you that did get to go had a good time.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: An open apology
No reason to apologize...I missed this also..a lot of wires got crossed on this outing!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed May 16, 2012 10:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

actually a bunch of peoples missed it, they would only do 11 at a time, so a lot of folks gave up on it and came back to camp
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) no apology needed friend! i too didnt make it

ImageImageImage

Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole,

Only politicians need to apologize! Although you carry yourself with the dignity of an elder statesman of yore, I think you only caused yourself any pain by missing the trip. I know it pained me not to go!!!

As Col. Bruce Hampton would say, "Brato Ganibe"! On his planet this can either mean "canoeist", or "universal peace". I tell you this because the water(in nature) is my church and my canoe is the front row pew. Oh yeah, I think it was Ziggy Marley that sings, "Love is my religion"! Happy paddling friends!

Thu May 17, 2012 6:26 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

No worries!! I was one of the people there trying to go with my friends, but there were too many people, so we said we would just go to the river instead so nobody would be upset for missing out.
You should know--it's all good at Wanee!!
While at the river, my friend found an awesome groundscore, one of my favorite Wanee quotes from this year was heard and I have a story about being bitten by a stugeon!! Lol
All Good!!!!! :D

Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 am Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks BOS/SOS...I felt bad about not living up to my word...but the love of you guys makes it less painful.
Love to all! :!:

Thu May 17, 2012 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

We did make the trip.. and it was pretty cool.. Was overcast a bit which made it nice.. Rained just a bit .. was peaceful.. we did the 4 miler .. It was just right .. We are definitely doing it again next year. They have a couple of vans maybe we can work something out with them for a larger group..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ReverendHugh wrote:
As Col. Bruce Hampton would say, "Brato Ganibe"! On his planet this can either mean "canoeist", or "universal peace". I tell you this because the water(in nature) is my church and my canoe is the front row pew. Oh yeah, I think it was Ziggy Marley that sings, "Love is my religion"! Happy paddling friends!

We need to paddle together sometime, Brother! Sounds like we are brothers on two different levels!

Thu May 17, 2012 2:12 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

RvrRat wrote:
ReverendHugh wrote:

We need to paddle together sometime, Brother! Sounds like we are brothers on two different levels!

Where's the like button?

Thu May 17, 2012 10:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yes! I knew that there are others in the congregation! What better place to worship than the church that God built? I will definitely try harder to paddle with y'all next year.

RvrRat, Next time I'm in VA I'll look you up. James River looks fun!

EnjoyingTheRide, I explored Maine for the first time last fall, and absolutely fell in love with your state. Of course it hadn't gotten cold yet! I'm somewhat tethered to the equator during winter, but will be back for more lobster and wild blueberries!

Rivernole, You and I need to arrive early, so we can finish whatever kept us off the water, in time to join our brothers and sisters that traveled so far to join us!

Brato Ganibe!

Fri May 18, 2012 6:25 am Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next