Last visit was: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:33 am It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:33 am

[ 2 posts ] 
 Need some help please 
Wanee Gnome

Post Need some help please
Hello -

Been doing wanee for the last 4 years now; always had a great time.

Problem is that I usually show up when the gates open on Thursday and have plenty of daylight to find my usual camp site.

All that I can remember is, is that at the first fork in the road (by the diner) to make a left, and head straight back. I'll be arriving at the park at 7:00-8:00PM this year, so I'm wondering if they'll have that left closed down since people might be walking on it.

Does anyone know?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:20 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Need some help please
If that road is closed due to foot traffic...then they'll redirect you. You keep going straight down River Rd....(instead of veering left at the diner)...you'll then make a left right after the Peach stage, going through the Horse camping area. Follow that dirt road allllll the way around the back and eventually you'll run into the back of the lake area. Its a really narrow, dark, dirt road. One hint...once you pass the big stables on your right, take the next left...if you keep going straight you end up deep in the woods which is even darker. Good Luck!

Its really not that bad once you've done it in daylight, but dark time it can be tricky!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 pm Profile
 [ 2 posts ]