Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:10 am It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:10 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Blackberry Smoke 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: Blackberry Smoke
Looking forward to this one!!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Spreading the Smoke

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tanilaprice wrote:
They are awesome, indeed!!! The singer, Charlie Starr is my son!!

Charlie recollects: "When I was growing up, we'd all sit around the piano singing, and I'd grab my dad's guitar every time someone put it down. About the time I turned six, I guess he figured he'd better get me one before I broke his.”

Thanks Pop Starr

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Saw these guys a few nights in a row up in the midwest and they rocked. Very cool, had drinks after the show. They opened for Cross Canadian Ragweed and only played for about an hour but they were jammin.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I'm so, so stoked about seeing them at Wanee. I love their sound and think they'll fit SO WELL. I've been playing one of their shows On Demand for a while and my kids are all super into them too. :D

Here's the part that really makes me smile:
When Gregg was on his book tour over the summer, I went to a book signing in Atlanta. Charlie Starr & another guy (I'm not sure whether or not he was in the band) were there, books in hand, in line, geeking out like the rest of us. While there were a ton of people there trying to act like they were important and "in the know" (and a bunch of really, really sad looking former groupies), these guys were as down to Earth & humble as anyone could be. The only thing that drew attention to them was Charlie's crazy beard. People came up & asked for pictures, and he'd kindly oblige and then turn back into an excited fan, waiting nervously and wondering whether Gregg would be cool to him (I was in line right behind them).

I bet they're psyched. :)

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

frenchiejess wrote:
I'm so, so stoked about seeing them at Wanee. I love their sound and think they'll fit SO WELL. I've been playing one of their shows On Demand for a while and my kids are all super into them too. :D

When Gregg was on his book tour over the summer, I went to a book signing in Atlanta. Charlie Starr & another guy (I'm not sure whether or not he was in the band) were there, books in hand, in line, geeking out like the rest of us. While there were a ton of people there trying to act like they were important and "in the know" (and a bunch of really, really sad looking former groupies), these guys were as down to Earth & humble as anyone could be. The only thing that drew attention to them was Charlie's crazy beard. People came up & asked for pictures, and he'd kindly oblige and then turn back into an excited fan, waiting nervously and wondering whether Gregg would be cool to him (I was in line right behind them).

Cool story

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Jensen B Gator wrote:
frenchiejess wrote:

Cool story

+1

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I feel a good one comin on!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

saw their sold out show on cable tv last night. we are in for a good one im sure. .

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 am Profile
Wanee Master

I see them playing Thursday night 8-)

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 am Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next