Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 So How Can We Help!!!!!!! 
Wanee Pro

Post So How Can We Help!!!!!!!
Alright Brothers and Sisters,

seems like Mother Nature decided to teach our beloved home away from home a little lesson this week. So much for complaining about the regular Saturday night rain storm at Wanee!

If someone local in the Live Oak area could please provide some central place for those folks that could help with their hands, hearts, dollars or (say it with me, Wanee Vibes!), I think we all could do some serious good.

I know the Red Cross is the A #1 leader and I don't think we should reinvent the wheel, just reaching out to our group to provide some unified help. Next post, please organize this if possible.

Love and Wanee (and dry underwear)

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: So How Can We Help!!!!!!!
Such an awesome, kind idea!! I am clueless where to go with it, though... Someone.. anyone??

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I received an e-mail this morning from Magnolia Fest announcing they were joining with a Live Oak local church encouraging donations for aid for those in that area.
I am computer illiterate or I would post that e-mail. Maybe someone more experienced could post so donations can be made for those that wish to help. Otherwise, I will post a write-up of the e-mail received.
Thanks for the help.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

http://www.flbaptist.org/Home/ctl/Detai ... ewsDetails
Above is a link to the church website. Scroll down on that page and there is a link for donations.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:37 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Rivernole wrote:
I received an e-mail this morning from Magnolia Fest announcing they were joining with a Live Oak local church encouraging donations for aid for those in that area.
I am computer illiterate or I would post that e-mail. Maybe someone more experienced could post so donations can be made for those that wish to help. Otherwise, I will post a write-up of the e-mail received.
Thanks for the help.

I just did a search for info on this and it looks like it's on the Mag Fest Facebook page. I can't get to FB right now but this is what I found in a Google search...

To connect with MagnoliaFest, sign up for Facebook today. .... Donations may be
mailed to Love, Inc., P O Box 1315, Live Oak, Florida 32064 or you can ...
SUSPECTS and $5.00 from every ticket will be going to assist flood victims in
Live Oak .

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MagnoliaFest/79157417899

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:46 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

This was on SOSMP's FB page today:

The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park & Campground would like to thank everyone that has reached out to the park during this difficult time in our community. The contributions and donations for the recent flood during Tropical storm Debby has been overwhelming and we would like to say thank you. However our community is in need of: Toilet tissue, toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, brushes, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, diapers, wipes, socks, underwear, baby food and formula, razors & shaving cream. Thank you for being the greatest fans in the world. You can send any donations to the Park at 3076 95th Drive, Live Oak, Fl 32060.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
Thanks for the help.

I just did a search for info on this and it looks like it's on the Mag Fest Facebook page. I can't get to FB right now but this is what I found in a Google search...

To connect with MagnoliaFest, sign up for Facebook today. .... Donations may be
mailed to Love, Inc., P O Box 1315, Live Oak, Florida 32064 or you can ...
SUSPECTS and $5.00 from every ticket will be going to assist flood victims in
Live Oak .

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MagnoliaFest/79157417899

This is the link for donations mentioned above:
https://loveinc-suwanneecounty.org/Debby_2012.php

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thanks Mountain, I'm at work and FB is FORBIDDEN! Oh and by the way, welcome! :)

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Thanks Mountain, I'm at work and FB is FORBIDDEN! Oh and by the way, welcome! :)

Anytime I can help, i'll do it! And thanks for the welcome enjoyingtheride!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:02 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

BUMP!

I was just logging in to see about this very topic. Glad to see there is a local place to give to! Live Oak provides us with our little heaven in the woods and I want to help them in this time of need. Thank you guys for getting this ball rolling!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ]