Last visit was: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 am It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 am

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Flood Benefit 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Flood Benefit
Great slide show. Thanks for sharing.
Didn't look like many people attended.
Wish I could have been there. My dog
thinks otherwise.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
thinks otherwise.

Day time always looked thin, but the mushroom filled up nicely at night, it was a great time, and i found a few more bands thats i just love, like Heavy Pets, Lee Boys, FunkUs, and the Legendary JCs!! really cool fest! :)

ImageImageImage

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:11 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

djkeeb69 wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
thinks otherwise.

Day time always looked thin, but the mushroom filled up nicely at night, it was a great time, and i found a few more bands thats i just love, like Heavy Pets, Lee Boys, FunkUs, and the Legendary JCs!! really cool fest! :)[/quote

The Heavy Pets rock!

I'm sad I missed the Benefit Festival but I'm super stoked about traveling to Alabama and Georgia this weekend.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

peter shared some stories the first night we listened. he can still play a good guitar. the herd showed up for donna&buffalo. they sold over a 1000 tickets.we had electricity and water where we camped but did not use the electric respectful of the owners. our neighbors about 20 22 yr olds (locals who got in free)were noisy playing boombox extremely loud all night long..lucky we had earplugs... i felt sorry for the other neighbors who this was their first festival.. they were pissed. :cry: .. the kids never even went to one show...their show was at the camp great time nevertheless

Last edited by whole lot of love on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 am Profile
Wanee Master

Glad you guys enjoyed it. :)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

It was AWESOME!! And great to meet some new forum members and to camp with Phreaker! :)

Anyone hear about why Kofi never showed up?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:29 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks for sharing pics Keeb. Wish I could have been there to meet all of you.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:37 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

yeah,great time with you guys. i mean really,really great shell. thanks adam, lindsey,shell and shawn and patty. i had a blast all weekend.cant wait for magfest

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:18 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Absolutely agree Pat!!!! Fun times and endless laughs for sure!!!

Kofi hurt his back--that why he didn't make it :(

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:59 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Mikey [my son] and I had a great time this past weekend. Nice to meet Phreeker too! :D

Apologies to Cshell, Keeb, and the rest of ya -- I never did swing over to your camp, so *once again* we will have to wait for another one to do a meet'n'greet. I was all the way over :) at special persons, hanging with my friends / MagFest camp buds at their trailer. They let me park my car at their spot and everything. Dang it was HOT, but we managed. A late afternoon swim at the pool on Saturday was just the ticket!

It was like a private party, Friday seemed like maybe 300 people were there. Better crowd on Saturday, as expected. Great music, though no 'special big guest star' to speak of, except for Shane Pruitt, who jammed with Flannel Church. Nothing against Shane; he rocked, but methinks they oversold the 'secret sauce' concept :D

Derek Trucks was a long shot IMO, but heck, JJGrey is damn near a local... though I don't know if he was available. No matter; the music was great, and the find of the weekend for us was Flannel Church. Great stuff!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 am Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next