Last visit was: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:27 am It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:27 am

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Flood Benefit 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Flood Benefit
I'll take the heat on the special guest. Derek initially said he thought he could make it out, however, that changed in the last week. JJ was in the midwest, so that was impossible. I didn't mean to mislead anyone but I don't mind starting rumors to help a worthy charity sell more tickets. I hope y'all still felt the show was worth attending.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

No worries Paul! Indeed, it was a good cause, I'm so glad I attended, and I'm also glad I could support the cause. Thanks for pulling together a fine weekend in a short time. And being as we are in the height of hurricane season, and with threatening weather, umm, *threatening* all weekend, it was no small feat! Good job w/ the stage workaround and all that.

I saw lots of my extended Suwannee family, and heard a ton of great music. Smiles everywhere. Ain't nothing better :D

And: $50,000 raised for the families affected. Win - win - win. Let's did it again, soon!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Paul: No apologies needed.

I'm with B-Bob (literally): A good time at a GREAT venue for a very worthy cause.

What's not to love? :D

Both the wife and I are very glad we went. No regrets.

I saw many of 'the usual suspects'; maybe a few less than usual - but hey: It wasn't our usual event.

And ain't that karma? What goes around, comes around: So make sure what you put out there is good. Cause one day it will be coming back atchya... I hope our little good deeds spread out like ripples in black water.

BIG thank you to Paul and all for starting this idea. Bigger thanks to all the folks who made it happen. It takes a village.

(Fair warning to thewolf: Next time I see you up there, I'm gonna introduce myself. You've seen me a bunch - it's time we met.)

Peace yall...

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

hey beach bob, i forgot you and mikey in my post above. it was great to run into you both on both nights even. see you at magfest maybe??

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:01 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

also to paul,i saw so many great shows at this benefit and the sat nite lee boys jam was very special!!!!! there were so many guitars on stage i kept asking everybody who's that,who's that thanks very much

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Paul, you are such a great guy in so many ways!! To even ask if we thought it was still worth it?!? It was an amazing time and raising that much money makes my heart smile!!!
You are a stand up man, my brother, and I thank you very much for everything you did to make it happen!
On the plus side--with it being a small fest, I was able to give you a hug!! Cherry on top of a magical weekend!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:11 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Just returned from the Flood Jam!!! Great job by the park and excellent music. Highlight was when Peter Rowen joined Donna and the Buffalo early in the set then came back and jammed again. Another classic event!!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

paulthewolf wrote:
I'll take the heat on the special guest. Derek initially said he thought he could make it out, however, that changed in the last week. JJ was in the midwest, so that was impossible. I didn't mean to mislead anyone but I don't mind starting rumors to help a worthy charity sell more tickets. I hope y'all still felt the show was worth attending.

No worries mate.......crap happens. You did what you thought was right! I am sure everyone had a great time! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

phreeker wrote:
hey beach bob, i forgot you and mikey in my post above. it was great to run into you both on both nights even. see you at magfest maybe??

Same here :)

We are definitely in for MagFest 8-)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I sooo wish I could make it for Mag, but saving all my energy for the FUNK at Bear Creek!! It's also 2 weeks after my bday so I'm going to go ALL OUT!!

Have fun at Mag all and hope to see everyone at Brrrr Creek too! :)

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:14 am Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next