Last visit was: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:48 am It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:48 am

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Flood Benefit 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Flood Benefit
Jensen B Gator wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
I live right beside a local river...thus my moniker.
We can take 10-12 inches of rain okay....it is just when it gets to 16+ inches that it becomes a problem for us. We have had 4 feet of water in the downstairs of our house, so I can definitely sympathize with those that are flooded.
We sweat it out every time...as you never know when it might rise more and faster than you realize. You just can't plan for the eventuality of the flooding.

Good luck Brother and God Bless.

Yes...good luck and god bless. Hopefully you don't get the 15+" we got here.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:55 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Mountain wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
We can take 10-12 inches of rain okay....it is just when it gets to 16+ inches that it becomes a problem for us. We have had 4 feet of water in the downstairs of our house, so I can definitely sympathize with those that are flooded.
We sweat it out every time...as you never know when it might rise more and faster than you realize. You just can't plan for the eventuality of the flooding.

Good luck 'Nole.....please keep us posted!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Mountain wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

Mountain I hope you are on some higher ground, I can't believe the amount of rain the east coast of Florida has gotten from a storm that was over 200 miles away. Flooding is bad in low lying areas.
......and it is still raining this morning.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:47 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

highlight for me...opened the short clip for general viewing going to post the whole clip on you tube soon http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=433 ... =2&theater :P

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

both donna buffalo and peter rowan played for no charge good luck everyone in isacc's path

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am Profile
Wanee Master

They told us we were gonna get 6-18" of rain...
We had a "Stormy Monday"...
Today, we have nothing but "Blue Sky"...
Hopefully, tomorrow we will have_______________
Couldn't think of another song that fits right off the bat.

Luckily, we haven't had 100 drops of rain...it turned and half went up the East Coast and the other over to our friends in Mobile and Na' Awlins. Wish them the best.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Mountain I hope you are on some higher ground, I can't believe the amount of rain the east coast of Florida has gotten from a storm that was over 200 miles away. Flooding is bad in low lying areas.

JBG - thanks for your well wishes. Luckily I am in a newer section of Wellington which is higher than most others. I didn't get any flooding on my street. Several miles away, the streets were flooded but no houses near me, and I only heard one confirmed house flooding. The drainage is pretty good here. Ironically, when I lived in the mountains, I saw at least 2 creek/river floods which claimed many homes with far less rain than what we had here.
Will continue to send prayer for our neighbors on the gulf coast.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Mountain wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:

JBG - thanks for your well wishes. Luckily I am in a newer section of Wellington which is higher than most others. I didn't get any flooding on my street. Several miles away, the streets were flooded but no houses near me, and I only heard one confirmed house flooding. The drainage is pretty good here. Ironically, when I lived in the mountains, I saw at least 2 creek/river floods which claimed many homes with far less rain than what we had here.
Will continue to send prayer for our neighbors on the gulf coast.

Glad to hear you aren't flooded, I just saw on News 5 a fly over of the Wellington area-Historic Flooding prayers out to those poor souls and their livestock-lot of horses in that area.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Lots of flooding on the north west side of Wellington not too far from Loxahachee. Many of the areas in Loxahachee and the acreage are flooded and the schools there are still closed tomorrow....

You are right, there ate lots of polo horses and livestock in that area. Can't imagine what they must be enduring. I am counting my blessings.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

festivals in the middle of the summer are manageable spend all day in the cold river music all evening. it was alot of fun..

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:12 pm Profile
 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next