Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am

[ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 50  Next
 Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes... 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes...
Quote:
Stevie is still beautiful...but she must have gained a lot of weight (who hasn't)

she must have run out of cocaine

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Saw Fleetwood Mac in 77 Rumours tour-Grate show Stevie was in her PRIME-yowza, I was on the rail. Hot and she wrote her own music, major crush for a 17 year old high school kid.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Is there any way we could have Mark Farina play?
He is dedicated to the mushroom... maybe he would come just to worship.
I have no idea if he costs big $, but his groove would be awesome to have till daybreak.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:22 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Well, we are going to see Furthur the end of Feb out in CO, I hope they come to Wanee again. I love love love Karl Denson... I think Wanee folks work enjoy Slightly Stupid and Fish Bone... They put on a GREAT show in Jax A year ago but the show at st.Aug was lack luster at best... Weeeeee I am posting A Lotttttt. I might be a fan one day!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:57 am Profile YIM
Wanee Veteran

Tinsley Ellis is playing Skippers on 4/19, so I expect him to play Wanee as well.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Master

Panic just announced the Wakarusa festival... they are and will be touring.... hopefully well have an Wanee announcement VERY VERY soon.... just said 3 Hail JBs praying for it

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

and just seen this in 3 places
Tab Benoit and the Voice of the Wetlands Allstars will be there... but NO Dr John

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Karl Denson opened Hangout Fest a couple years ago... They were awesome. Rocked the flute like none other- well maybe not quite to the extent of Ron Burgundy:

Last edited by SkyDog on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

The 2012 line up was announced on Monday January 16th last year. Beacon tickets go on sale to the public on Friday January 11th this year. So I predict, we will have an announcement about the anouncement the week of the 14th with the line up out on the 21st. Just pure speculation on my part.

As for line up predictions / speculations, LN seems to be doing a good job keeping things quiet again this year, as they did last year. Here are my thoughts and recommendations for playing detective (although having LN screw up and post the line up early by accident was the best method I ever found).

I am hoping as many acts as possible from the Crossroads Festivial in NYC the week before follow the ABB south for Wanee (including Mr. Clapton though I really doubt especially since he will be playing Jax in March). Here are some of the Crossroads acts: Albert Lee, BB King, Booker T, Buddy Guy, Doyle Bramhall II, Gary Clark Jr., Jeff Beck, Jimmie Vaughan, John Scofield, Jonny Lang, Keb Mo, Los Lobos, Robbie Robertson, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Sonny Landreth, & Taj Mahal

I think Robert Randolph is a good possibility as a Wanee veteran who has not played it in a few years. Think he has new disc out in the spring as well.

As previously noted, I expect Tinsley Ellis to play again, probably on Thursday.

I have also seen the Tab Benoit rumors. We know the Royal Southern Brotherhood will be there and they are playing with Tab at the Tampa Bay Blues fest the week before. Would not mind seeing a few of the other acts from that fest at Wanee as well, like Trombone Shorty, Jonny Lang, and oh, maybe Mr. Betts and Great Southern (doubt it, but will continue to dream).

Watch for the Coachella line up announcement, it came out before Wanee's line up last year. Even though there does not ten d to be a lot of crossover between fest, bands that play Coachella can be eliminated from Wanee possibilities (as Grace Potter was last year).

Also keep an eye out for a Sweetwater 420 fest line up announcement, they tend to share acts with Wanee (Mickey Hart Band last year). Any acts playing Atlanta, just before, during, or after Wanee are possibilites (though nothing obvious yet).

Lastly, assume bands playing Aura or Springfest will not be playing Wanee.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm Profile
Wanee Master

SkyDog wrote:
Karl Denson opened Hangout Fest a couple years ago... They were awesome. Rocked the flute like none other- well maybe quite to the extent of Ron Burgundy:

Haha

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 pm Profile
 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 50  Next