Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:20 am It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:20 am

[ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next
 Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes... 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes...
dbltrbl7 wrote:
Mountain wrote:
I've listened to some Chris Robinson Brotherhood music on YouTube and I personally like it. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHGUg20X ... ata_player

Their website is at http://www.chrisrobinsonbrotherhood.com ... on-Ritual/

I meant to get back to this earlier... but my memory isn't so swell...lol I did check it out, tho... LOVE IT.... Man, that Voice :D

They would be an awesome addition to wannee

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

djkeeb69 wrote:
Indy_Hawkeye wrote:
Steve Earle and Del McCoury
John Prine
Buffalo Springfield
Van Morrison

i swear i thought both Buffalo Springfield and Van Morrison were dead, i had to go look!

A Band of Zombies would be cool. ;)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:15 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rob Zombie???? :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:

Id love to see Rob Zombie live... but not at wanee

ImageImageImage

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

djkeeb69 wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

I agree...

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

djkeeb69 wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

Not even on the Traveling Stage??

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:06 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
djkeeb69 wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

Not even on the Traveling Stage??

Hahahaha, well it would be awesome anywhere, but i dont think he'd vibe well at wanee ... but i have been known to wrong at least once or twice

ImageImageImage

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Of course all the ancillary, smaller name bands are hugely important to making a festival great, but I'm most interested in speculating about the secondary headliner. To me, only a couple bands fit. The most obvious being Panic, and if they are back touring my money is on them. Now if it's not them, things get a little more interesting, but again I don't think there are a ton of options. I really think it has to be one of the bands that fits the genre, southern jam rock or big time jam bands. And if it's a jam band to be the secondary headliner it would have to be a huge name (and as much as I love moe, I think that eliminates them as well as Umphreys). So in the big name jam band scene that really only leaves Phish and String Cheese. Phish is not going to do it, bottom line. As amazing as it would be, they host fest where they are the only act and draw 50-60k people. They are not going to go to a 20k person fest and play during the day, just not gonna happen. That leaves Cheese, whom I think is actually a feasible option and would be amazing (last year I said it would almost certainly be cheese or Furthur, I was hoping for Cheese although glad I was wrong bc Furthur killed it, but I digress). I could also see Furthur/Phil and Friends coming back next year (if this happens for gods sake please give them a nighttime set).

In terms of the southern Jam rock type of bands, again there just aren't that many that fit the bill. Panic is perfect. Apart from panic, what other band of this genre is big enough to be the secondary headliner, but still go with the wanee vibe? I don't know if there is one, maybe My Morning Jacket. I'm honestly not even sure how big of a draw they are, but I think a big one,

So to sum things up, my guesses are: Panic, Phil and Friends, Cheese in that order. All other bands are either not big enough draws to be the secondary headliner, or just don't seem like good fits for the festival in my opinion.

Just thought of something else, maybe a Trey side project, TAB for example, but again def won't be phish.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

handsNfeetRmangos:

Welcome to the SOS/BOS family!
Rumor has it that you now reside in NC. Several of us on the forum are from NC. NCHippy is in the mountains, I'm from the Raleigh area, and NCViper is from the Central coast.

I hope your wrong about some of your bands eliminated from your possible list. One band that I recall that has been to Wanee is Umphrey's McGee. (Twe years ago, I think)

Anyway, Wanee has been for me a much more of a reflection of ABB influences. You'll see blues, jazz fusion, funk, string bands, and jam bands. Yet, you will never see this turn into another Bonneroo. The crowd will see to that!

I appreciate your opinion; hope to meet you soon!

Jay

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 am Profile
Wanee Master

I haven't thought too much about a #2 band...but I would like to see Dumpstafunk back at Wanee. Last year they killed it with D-funk does P-funk. They definitely fit a secondary bill for a band.
Trey played last Bear Creek with TAB...so he might come back with Phish, you never know. Several other of the Phish family have been here before also. So it is not like they won't come because it is a smaller venue. Sometimes you like steak....but other times you want some shrimp.....so they might.
Besides I heard Clapton was coming....and I doubt you could top that as a #2 act. :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 am Profile
 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 50  Next