Last visit was: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 am It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 am

[ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 50  Next
 Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes... 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes...
I've put a little thought, notice I said little, into a #2 band for Wanee.
My thoughts about who I would like to see:
ZZ Top
Neil Young
Credence Clearwater Revival
Little Feat
North Miss. All-stars (they rocked last year)
Bob Seger
Bob Dylan and/or his son Jakob.
and of course, Eric.
Not sure how any of you feel about this list...but it is mine...and I'm sticking to it. 'Course I might think of others later.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Harmonica_Dude wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos:

Welcome to the SOS/BOS family!
Rumor has it that you now reside in NC. Several of us on the forum are from NC. NCHippy is in the mountains, I'm from the Raleigh area, and NCViper is from the Central coast.

I hope your wrong about some of your bands eliminated from your possible list. One band that I recall that has been to Wanee is Umphrey's McGee. (Twe years ago, I think)

Anyway, Wanee has been for me a much more of a reflection of ABB influences. You'll see blues, jazz fusion, funk, string bands, and jam bands. Yet, you will never see this turn into another Bonneroo. The crowd will see to that!

I appreciate your opinion; hope to meet you soon!

Jay

Thanks Harmonica_Dude. I've actually be a member of the board for couple years now, my participation just flucates around my schedule. Thanks for the welcoming words though. I actually just moved to SC, not NC, but the Carolinas none the less. I like it so far, and no matter what people say it is significantly less hot here than FL!

Anyways, I should have clarified, I didn't mean to say that those bands I listed wouldn't be at Wanee (except Phish, I stand by that statement), just that they wouldn't be there as the #2 headliner. I could certainly see moe. (hopefully), Umphreys, etc play wanee, but that secondary headliner has been a BIG name at Wanee, so if those bands were to play, they'd be lower on the bill (but at the top of my personal list!).

I'm surprised no one has listed DMB as a potential act. I don't think it will happen, but I think they are a more obvious choice and better fit than a lot of the other bands people have listed. Although I think they would only do it if they were a headliner one night (ie Thursday night headliner slot like Panic in 2011).

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Rivernole wrote:
I haven't thought too much about a #2 band...but I would like to see Dumpstafunk back at Wanee. Last year they killed it with D-funk does P-funk. They definitely fit a secondary bill for a band.
Trey played last Bear Creek with TAB...so he might come back with Phish, you never know. Several other of the Phish family have been here before also. So it is not like they won't come because it is a smaller venue. Sometimes you like steak....but other times you want some shrimp.....so they might.
Besides I heard Clapton was coming....and I doubt you could top that as a #2 act. :lol: :lol:

I agree- the Dumpstaphunk show was amazing! I'd like to see Zach Deputy come back & maybe play the mushroom stage instead of traveling stage. :) Seeing Furthur again would be magical.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:24 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

lilgamoma wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
I haven't thought too much about a #2 band...but I would like to see Dumpstafunk back at Wanee. Last year they killed it with D-funk does P-funk. They definitely fit a secondary bill for a band.
Trey played last Bear Creek with TAB...so he might come back with Phish, you never know. Several other of the Phish family have been here before also. So it is not like they won't come because it is a smaller venue. Sometimes you like steak....but other times you want some shrimp.....so they might.
Besides I heard Clapton was coming....and I doubt you could top that as a #2 act. :lol: :lol:

I agree- the Dumpstaphunk show was amazing! I'd like to see Zach Deputy come back & maybe play the mushroom stage instead of traveling stage. :) Seeing Furthur again would be magical.

Dumstaphunk 2 years ago doing the James Brown set = FRIGGINSUPERDUPERAMAZINGLYAWESOME!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

lilgamoma wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

ZD did play the Mushroom stage after the about two hours on the traveling stage. And I enjoyed every second of both (except when that lady on a bike got wedged hetween the traveling stage amd a car, that was wild). I love me some ZD.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:12 am Profile
Wanee Master

Saw Zac Deputy do an impromptu session in the Vendor area.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Jensen B Gator wrote:

That seems to be his MO. I remember back in '09 at Roo he rented a vendor spot and just jammed out at random times all weekend. He's the man.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:

That seems to be his MO. I remember back in '09 at Roo he rented a vendor spot and just jammed out at random times all weekend. He's the man.

its about 50/50 for me with ZD... meaning half the time by himself half with the band.... make no mistake tho, AWESOME both ways!!

ImageImageImage

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:41 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Mule is in studio so maybe a whole set maybe 2 ....NO RAIN WANEE 2013.......Keller needs to come back hate he did not play this past Wanee..Chris Robinsons Brotherhood ..Phil Lesh and friends ..the original quintet would be mind blowing..

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:37 pm Profile
Wanee Master

The J Geils Band with Peter Wolf is going to start a Tour this Summer.

Some of my best memories happened with J Geils Band as part of the soundtrack.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm Profile
 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 50  Next