Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 pm It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 pm

[ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 50  Next
 Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes... 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee 2013 Possibilities/rumors/hopes...
Since Panic just announced the uber expensive Panic en la playa 2013 in the Dominican Republic, maybe they will give Wanee a nod as well..........not that they would bring in as much coin, but it would be nice to see the boys all together again at a venue I can afford without feeling a twinge of guilt.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

The Panic in the Playa while expensive per person, really isn't massively profitable for Panic really. Think about it: 3000 per couple for the cheap room. That includes 4 nights of hotel (200/night) 4 full days of all-inclusive (all food and alcohol = 100/day each) and 4 concerts.

that leaves roughly 1400/pair or roughly 170/ticket/night X2 people x4 nights.

It is an intimate show meaning 2000 people or so?

170x2000 people 340,000 a show.

I don't see that being a problem for Wanee to pay them. Especially seeing as they don't have to pack up and fly to the DR or Mexico - they can hop in their bus and be here in a few hours.

200 per ticket times 25000 people = 5 Million $.

(of course all of these are estimated numbers, and reasonable guesses)

My point being, I think they could pay for 3 nights of Panic at Wanee.....that would be pretty fantastic....

Glad to see them off hiatus

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

IMO The James Gang would be a great addition to Wanee 2013. There are plans for a reunion…bring it to Wanee, some Funk 49, & Tend My Garden.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Waneebe wrote:
IMO The James Gang would be a great addition to Wanee 2013. There are plans for a reunion…bring it to Wanee, some Funk 49, & Tend My Garden.

I should have noted with Joe Walsh of course!

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:50 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

surfbumdj wrote:
The Panic in the Playa while expensive per person, really isn't massively profitable for Panic really. Think about it: 3000 per couple for the cheap room. That includes 4 nights of hotel (200/night) 4 full days of all-inclusive (all food and alcohol = 100/day each) and 4 concerts.

that leaves roughly 1400/pair or roughly 170/ticket/night X2 people x4 nights.

It is an intimate show meaning 2000 people or so?

170x2000 people 340,000 a show.

I don't see that being a problem for Wanee to pay them. Especially seeing as they don't have to pack up and fly to the DR or Mexico - they can hop in their bus and be here in a few hours.

200 per ticket times 25000 people = 5 Million $.

(of course all of these are estimated numbers, and reasonable guesses)

My point being, I think they could pay for 3 nights of Panic at Wanee.....that would be pretty fantastic....

Glad to see them off hiatus

I don't disagree with you as we also did the breakdown and realistically it's not a bad deal for folks that have that funds to do that, guess my opinion is more a case of sour grapes and wishful thinking.

My disappointment that their comeback is not something that everyone could take advantage of, but a treat for those that can. We fit in the latter, don't have any debt and do have a pretty good retirement income, and that type of show is certainly on our bucket list, I just can't justify it, and would rather see them on the mainland.

I don't begrudge them the money, and as you pointed out, they may not earn as much money as a show at other venues, say Red Rocks or Alpharetta (sp). I would think at Waneefestival they would be splitting the gate receipts with all the other performers, so perhaps they would not get as much as one would imagine.

It is good to see them coming off hiatus but I wonder what their show schedule will really be like and how often one will get shutout of ticket sales.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:56 am Profile
Wanee Fan

One question: You said that you were disappointed that their comeback isnt something that everyone could take advantage of. This is just one concert (or group of concerts). I hope that my assumption that they are going to tour is accurate.

My question is: Why does it matter that the first of a tour is not affordable for everyone? Lots of people will have the ability to see them when they come close to their home. I hope to see them a few times on their tour.

I guess I just don't see the big deal if they follow up the Playa with a tour...

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

wsp is a good possibility...wifie and friends want bluegrass so it looks like springfest love to see wsp again but she rules.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Waneebe wrote:
IMO The James Gang would be a great addition to Wanee 2013. There are plans for a reunion…

That would make their third reunion in the last ten years :P :D

But yeah; I'd LOVE to see the James Gang at Wanee. Actually never saw that band, though I've listened to them, and Joe solo, on the radio since my teens. Which was a l - o - n - g time ago ... Seen Joe & band many times, growing up in Ohio. He's just about my favorite player. And it's nice to see he didn't become a casualty like so many others of his era have.

Joe is currently touring behind his new album, but who knows what he'll do come next summer? Welcome to the club, indeed! 8-)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

I tell ya......I would love to see Zac Brown.....That boy can bring it!! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:42 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

surfbumdj wrote:
One question: You said that you were disappointed that their comeback isnt something that everyone could take advantage of. This is just one concert (or group of concerts). I hope that my assumption that they are going to tour is accurate.

My question is: Why does it matter that the first of a tour is not affordable for everyone? Lots of people will have the ability to see them when they come close to their home. I hope to see them a few times on their tour.

I guess I just don't see the big deal if they follow up the Playa with a tour...

Agreed. Dont really see the big deal of them kicking things off with their semi exclusive Mayan Riveria celebration. If it ends up being their only shows of the year, then yes, that sucks, but does anyone think they won't be back on the road in 2013? Also, its not like they were away for 10 years, its not even equivalent to the Phish reunion in '09. I mean this "hiatus" will end up being all of what, 8-9 months?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:10 pm Profile
 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 50  Next