Last visit was: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 am It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 am

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Top 10 Camping Festy 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Top 10 Camping Festy
I love Cheese, but didn't care for the rest of the lineup to travel that far. Rothbury 09 was one of my favorite fests of all time though!

If you can ever get to the Ledges, I highly recommend it! :)

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

sosmp is probably the best camping fest place i've been.but i know from life, the place where catskill chill is, is just something else. i grew up there. they started as a really small pot fest and now there lineup is huge. they only sell 5000 tickets

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Since I have been to both Wanee (#10) & FloydFest (#9) multiple years, I can say at least those two are backwards. Wanee is a MUCH BETTER camping experience than Floyd. I suspect Wanee should be much closer to the top spot.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

RvrRat wrote:
Since I have been to both Wanee (#10) & FloydFest (#9) multiple years, I can say at least those two are backwards. Wanee is a MUCH BETTER camping experience than Floyd. I suspect Wanee should be much closer to the top spot.

Never been to Floyd......but I know this.....you better have one hellva place the beat out Wanee. ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:02 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

CShell wrote:
If you can ever get to the Ledges, I highly recommend it! :)

Agreed NLQP has it all. Great shaded camping. A beautiful quarry for swimming right next to the stage. You can jump in the cool water and be back standing in your spot without missing a song.

Overall Wanee is tops. I have been to many places but Wanee is the only place I considered going back to each year. And it only takes 20hrs for me to drive there!!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:09 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Has anyone been to Legend Valley in Thornville, Ohio? It used to be called Buckeye Lake Music Center. DSO Jubilee will be there in two weeks.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I just got back from this years 'All Good' fest at Legend Valley and went to every Dead show there starting in 89!

It's a beautiful venue with a cool back story on the guy who owns the property.

They make different places to camp for every fest, but if you can get in the tree line, it's nice. If not, bring a pop up as it is open and gets HOT.

The venue itself is sweet. At All Good, they had two stages side by side so no overlapping sets=KILLER! The stages are in a big u-shaped bowl. Sound was great. Some trees for shade.

I recommend the venue a lot! :)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thanks Shell, sounds good. We're hopipng to be there when the gates open at noon!

CShell wrote:
I just got back from this years 'All Good' fest at Legend Valley and went to every Dead show there starting in 89!

It's a beautiful venue with a cool back story on the guy who owns the property.

They make different places to camp for every fest, but if you can get in the tree line, it's nice. If not, bring a pop up as it is open and gets HOT.

The venue itself is sweet. At All Good, they had two stages side by side so no overlapping sets=KILLER! The stages are in a big u-shaped bowl. Sound was great. Some trees for shade.

I recommend the venue a lot! :)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 am Profile
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3