Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:56 am It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:56 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Anyone going to Floydfest? 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Anyone going to Floydfest?
Enjoy your festival Rvrrat ;) ;) ;)

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:47 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Awsome, thanks for the info. I'm good with whatever. Fields can't really be that far from any location. Preparing for both scenarios. Peace and see ya soon.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:07 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Saregon wrote:
Awsome, thanks for the info. I'm good with whatever. Fields can't really be that far from any location. Preparing for both scenarios. Peace and see ya soon.

Just make sure you take Shade and plenty of water, summer fests can kill you literally if ya dont take precautions!

ImageImageImage

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:38 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I wish I was at Floydfest, I wish I was at Floydfest, I wish I was at Floydfest. (taps heels together three times and opens eyes.....)
Damn, I'm still in my living room! :evil:

Have a blast Wally and take plenty of pictures of LOS and Drew Emmitt Band for me! :D

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

So all went well. We camped in the car Thur. night at the VA welcome center, arriving early pre-shuttle Friday. The local official let us wait right inside the parking lot until the vols got there to take our money and instruck on where to park. We grabbed the first bus of the morning over with one more group. At the gate we were told that it would be 9 before we could get our wristbands. During this time, we made good friends with one of the strectch golf cart drivers that had worked the festi for many years. She tried to come up with some early wristbands for us, but no one seemed to be around with any to give any out.
After finally getting our bands, she took us for a tour of the park including Artist camping. She then let us walk around and scout each loud camping trail until we found a spot. There were really no spots available that were cleared, so we decided to get down and dirty. We found a nice nice little spot right beside the main stage. Just a little track down the hill that eventually turned into a nice path. We cleared the spot of all fallen debri overgrowth ,poision ivy and pilled wood from other cleared camps. I Also brought slight ichy reminder back on the wrist and legs.
Anyways by the time the sun was getting warmed we were set up in a very nice spot in the woods about a 3min walk from stageside road. We had enough room to set up our easy up and 2 tents. Our sunday luck ran a bout the same when a VIP van picked us up and took us all the way to our cars.
All in all this was a great festi that was very well organized. They marked the main stage off with lines. Dance in the front, behind the first line are thechairs, and behind the 2nd line are the sunbreakers. This left the front area open for dancing, allowed great movement with the crowd, and did not create... well you know that sea thing us gnomes are all so used to. Makes you realize that there can be a compromise. There was some adjustments for my self to the regulated drinking areas, but it was fine. With the different locations they have now, it's gives the feeling of having different bars throughout the festival. My suggestion. Go if you haven't been to this one. Wonderfull venue in a beautiful spot.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Thanks Saregon, sounds like a grate place for a fest... :)

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Better late than never! I had a great time....Friday was so special that it ranked right up there with Wanee. I camped off site at a new area called "Power to the people".....Not too good! The promised elec but only about 20% of the sites were close enough to actually get power. I would have needed 1500' of extension cord to get to the outlet and even then, they were full most of the time. Since I didn't make alternate plans, I drove the truck to the outlets to cook breakfast every morning....it worked out ok and I honed my tailgating skills. There were nice people camped all around but the all had kids....no one to really party with. (I drink alone). The shuttle was about 4X the distance of the offsite place I stayed at last year but there was festy spirit on the bus so it was ok. I always started the shuttle with a big ole cup of George Dickle over ice and finished by the time I walked thru the gate....wouldn't have mattered anyway as the check at the gate is as lax as any I have ever seen. Next year, I camp offsite at the original site....I'm tricked out to camp without power anyway (even with a 12v shower).
Cell service was only available early in the am...and even then, texting was the way to go. So I couldn't really catch up with any BOS/SOS easily. I did happen to run into Mary (of Helens Hilton) and Wolfscream and the great people I camped next to last year. Oh, and I did get a chance to talk to Drew Emmitt too!

Friday was sooo good. LOS at the small stage as I walked in in a downpour....I managed to get a spot under cover and they played on. Then I went to the Pink Floyd stage (beer garden) and managed to get cover when the rain started back up. Talked to a guy in one of the lesser know acts during that downpour and it just so happened that the drummer from his band (Big Daddy Love ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsAVIUwn-N0) is an acquaintance from another regional band that had disbanded...so I caught that show and it was great.

Then came Gary Clark Jr, DBT, & LOS on the main stage with a side trip to see Toubab Krewe at the Holler stage...What a night!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

RvrRat wrote:
Better late than never! I had a great time....Friday was so special that it ranked right up there with Wanee. I camped off site at a new area called "Power to the people".....Not too good! The promised elec but only about 20% of the sites were close enough to actually get power. I would have needed 1500' of extension cord to get to the outlet and even then, they were full most of the time. Since I didn't make alternate plans, I drove the truck to the outlets to cook breakfast every morning....it worked out ok and I honed my tailgating skills. There were nice people camped all around but the all had kids....no one to really party with. (I drink alone). The shuttle was about 4X the distance of the offsite place I stayed at last year but there was festy spirit on the bus so it was ok. I always started the shuttle with a big ole cup of George Dickle over ice and finished by the time I walked thru the gate....wouldn't have mattered anyway as the check at the gate is as lax as any I have ever seen. Next year, I camp offsite at the original site....I'm tricked out to camp without power anyway (even with a 12v shower).
Cell service was only available early in the am...and even then, texting was the way to go. So I couldn't really catch up with any BOS/SOS easily. I did happen to run into Mary (of Helens Hilton) and Wolfscream and the great people I camped next to last year. Oh, and I did get a chance to talk to Drew Emmitt too!

Friday was sooo good. LOS at the small stage as I walked in in a downpour....I managed to get a spot under cover and they played on. Then I went to the Pink Floyd stage (beer garden) and managed to get cover when the rain started back up. Talked to a guy in one of the lesser know acts during that downpour and it just so happened that the drummer from his band (Big Daddy Love ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsAVIUwn-N0) is an acquaintance from another regional band that had disbanded...so I caught that show and it was great.

Then came Gary Clark Jr, DBT, & LOS on the main stage with a side trip to see Toubab Krewe at the Holler stage...What a night!

Wally sounds like you had a great time!!! Wish I had been there with ya!! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2