Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest 
Wanee Mushroom

Post 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Hello all, Looking forward to my first magnolia festival. I have been to the park once for a canoeing trip but not during a festival. I called to reserve a camping spot and based on the info on the board tried to get a spot in the loop but they said there was none available. I wound up getting a spot in Special Persons Camp - Section: SP Site:1. Was wondering the pros and cons of this spot. Also, we might bring our 6 year old granddaughter for one night but were not sure. Is this event somewhat kid friendly. Thanks for the feedback.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:33 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Indy_Hawkeye wrote:
Hello all, Looking forward to my first magnolia festival. I have been to the park once for a canoeing trip but not during a festival. I called to reserve a camping spot and based on the info on the board tried to get a spot in the loop but they said there was none available. I wound up getting a spot in Special Persons Camp - Section: SP Site:1. Was wondering the pros and cons of this spot. Also, we might bring our 6 year old granddaughter for one night but were not sure. Is this event somewhat kid friendly. Thanks for the feedback.

welcome. we're bringing the kids (8 & 11). we've brought them to bear creek but not to wanee. this is my first magfest as well, but its my understanding this is one of the more family friendly fests (as compared to wanee and bear creek).

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm Profile
Wanee Master

The SoSMP is the greatest place I've ever been to for a Music Festival, great people and kid friendly.

Don't know much about the Special Persons camping area, but welcome to the site.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:05 am Profile
Wanee Master

Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 am Profile
Wanee Master

Ill have my Kid (8yr old lil princess) with me at Magfest and the Suwannee Valley Flood Jam, But i always leave wanee as my vacation away from being "Dad" .... and i dont wanna hear "its tooo cold daddy" at Bear creek so she stay home for that

ImageImageImage

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Special Persons is a great area. We have camped there for Bear Creek. It's close to the main stage area. I have been to several Wanees and Bear Creeks but this will be our first Magfest, so not really sure how things are laid out. It was kinda quiet over there at Bear Creek, not sure about Mag.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

AndieBee wrote:
Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.

AB I have shorttimer's memory....what is your site, and are we doing a pitchin?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

grandmacracker wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

I believe she is Doing Utopia (Waneetopia)again with the rest of us at the big family camp we are setting up again. i may be wrong though

ImageImageImage

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Master

djkeeb69 wrote:
grandmacracker wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

I believe she is Doing Utopia (Waneetopia)again with the rest of us at the big family camp we are setting up again. i may be wrong though

Will be traveling to Magfest without our usual Wanee Entourage, if you have room we might consider crashing the 'Topia. Just my lovely Bride and me. 8-)

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

grandmacracker wrote:
AndieBee wrote:

I'm going to be at my usual place on River Rd. seems like an easy walk/bike to everything. I should be ok setting up alone, but extra hands are always good.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next