Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 pm




 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest 
Author Message
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 87
Location: Valdosta GA
Post 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Hello all, Looking forward to my first magnolia festival. I have been to the park once for a canoeing trip but not during a festival. I called to reserve a camping spot and based on the info on the board tried to get a spot in the loop but they said there was none available. I wound up getting a spot in Special Persons Camp - Section: SP Site:1. Was wondering the pros and cons of this spot. Also, we might bring our 6 year old granddaughter for one night but were not sure. Is this event somewhat kid friendly. Thanks for the feedback.


Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:33 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 pm
Posts: 83
Location: wellington, fl
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Indy_Hawkeye wrote:
Hello all, Looking forward to my first magnolia festival. I have been to the park once for a canoeing trip but not during a festival. I called to reserve a camping spot and based on the info on the board tried to get a spot in the loop but they said there was none available. I wound up getting a spot in Special Persons Camp - Section: SP Site:1. Was wondering the pros and cons of this spot. Also, we might bring our 6 year old granddaughter for one night but were not sure. Is this event somewhat kid friendly. Thanks for the feedback.


welcome. we're bringing the kids (8 & 11). we've brought them to bear creek but not to wanee. this is my first magfest as well, but its my understanding this is one of the more family friendly fests (as compared to wanee and bear creek).


Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 6847
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
The SoSMP is the greatest place I've ever been to for a Music Festival, great people and kid friendly.

Don't know much about the Special Persons camping area, but welcome to the site.


Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:05 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6673
Location: Florida
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Ill have my Kid (8yr old lil princess) with me at Magfest and the Suwannee Valley Flood Jam, But i always leave wanee as my vacation away from being "Dad" .... and i dont wanna hear "its tooo cold daddy" at Bear creek so she stay home for that

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 pm
Posts: 3722
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
Special Persons is a great area. We have camped there for Bear Creek. It's close to the main stage area. I have been to several Wanees and Bear Creeks but this will be our first Magfest, so not really sure how things are laid out. It was kinda quiet over there at Bear Creek, not sure about Mag.


Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:32 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Posts: 2276
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
AndieBee wrote:
Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.



AB I have shorttimer's memory....what is your site, and are we doing a pitchin?

_________________
“I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours.”


Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Thomasville, Ga
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
grandmacracker wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.



AB I have shorttimer's memory....what is your site, and are we doing a pitchin?

I believe she is Doing Utopia (Waneetopia)again with the rest of us at the big family camp we are setting up again. i may be wrong though

_________________
Gov'nah

ImageImageImage

Image


Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 6847
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
djkeeb69 wrote:
grandmacracker wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.



AB I have shorttimer's memory....what is your site, and are we doing a pitchin?

I believe she is Doing Utopia (Waneetopia)again with the rest of us at the big family camp we are setting up again. i may be wrong though

Will be traveling to Magfest without our usual Wanee Entourage, if you have room we might consider crashing the 'Topia. Just my lovely Bride and me. 8-)


Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6673
Location: Florida
Post Re: 1st Timer to Magnolia Fest
grandmacracker wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
Mag Fest is very kid friendly. I think there are even some activities planned for children in the artist areas. Even though you didn't get in at the loop, there are still loads of great places to camp. People will be spread out everywhere, but the hot spot seems to be at the Lake. It's going to be a great time.



AB I have shorttimer's memory....what is your site, and are we doing a pitchin?


I'm going to be at my usual place on River Rd. seems like an easy walk/bike to everything. I should be ok setting up alone, but extra hands are always good.

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], trippin' tom, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.