Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jameokee Music and Art Festival 
Wanee Pro

Post Jameokee Music and Art Festival
So my recent move to South Carolina, and festival withdrawal post wanee, had me searching for semi local festivals and I came across one called Jameokee Music and Arts Festival. Pretty solid bluegrass/Americana/folk lineup, Yonder, Del, Keller, others. Seems pretty solid. It's held at a fest ground in Pinnacle,NC. It will be the first year of this particular fest, but apparently it is a conglomerate of two different fests that used to be held at the grounds, Head Jamz and Smilefest. So I was wondering if anyone on here had ever been to (or even heard about) either one of those two fests. I'd like to get a feel for the venue/atmosphere/crowd, etc. I appreciate the info, if anyone has it.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Jameokee Music and Art Festival
no, but read about this fest and was considering going to it.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I was skimming through Keller dates and saw it. Definitely a solid line up. Would be interested to hear from somewhere who's been there, things like atmosphere and crowd are huge determinants for me when it comes to festivals

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Sounds interesting, checkin it out! :)

ImageImageImage

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:15 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Although it's the first year of this specific festival, the folks that run it are real pro's. Smilefest has been around for years and is typically well run.

I went to Smilefest years ago when it was held at Van Hoy and had a blast. I had a buddy go see Willie Nelson at Pinnacle and said the campground was really beautiful. I only live about 45 minutes and am thinking about going myself. In other words, I would go for it!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

This may have to be on the schedule...

:D

Keep On Smilin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM6Gbi8qTk

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

mule4ever wrote:
Although it's the first year of this specific festival, the folks that run it are real pro's. Smilefest has been around for years and is typically well run.

I went to Smilefest years ago when it was held at Van Hoy and had a blast. I had a buddy go see Willie Nelson at Pinnacle and said the campground was really beautiful. I only live about 45 minutes and am thinking about going myself. In other words, I would go for it!

Cool, thanks for the info!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Schedule coming out this week. I'm intersted in what they are going to do, will all the harpings of how "family friendly" it is, I hope that doesn't mean the music stops early! Late night Keller please!

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

So, 11days later and still no lineup. Way to make a liar out of me Jameokee. Nothing frustrates me more than keeping a schedule a secret. Similar to another festival I know ( I'm looking at you Wanee).

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

this schedule is out now , just looked. fri and sat jam packed, not much on sun.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next