Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 am

[ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next
 WHOS READY FOR SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!????? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: WHOS READY FOR SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!?????
I'm feelin' 23-21 and somebody misses wide right at the :29 second mark..... :twisted: ;) :D

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

The clock strikes midnite tonite and dabos' ride will turn into a AMC GREMLIN on blocks

anything less than a 10 point win is a loss to us.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:26 am Profile
Wanee Master

shockedpanic wrote:
anything less than a 10 point win is a loss to us.

Not to me...I'll take a 1....2...3....100 point win.
A win is a win, especially if you play well.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 am Profile
Wanee Master

Uh-0h Corso picks the Noles then can't get the spear to stick...I'd worry ;)

I'm with you River a win is a win especially against a Conference rival.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Mountain wrote:
As far as FSU, we will see...its only one game. Let's see how they do with some real competition....game 4 should be interesting ;)

I knew this would be an interesting challenge for FSU...but they answered the call.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:46 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Exciting game last night.

Clemson has an exciting offense, but won't do squat with a mediocre defense,

EJ Manuel looked very good, wasn't that impressed with the Nole defense giving up so many big plays.

FSU should now be able to go on cruise control for the next 7 games as there aren't any good ACC teams left to play. Not trying to flame so don't take it personal. ;) 8-)

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 am Profile
Wanee Master

Clemsons' bag of trick plays ran out about halftime. That is about all they had going for them. Guess they didn't think they could just line up, play straight up and win.
It took FSU a while to make adjustments to all their tricks. In addition, the Noles just wore them down by playing so many different players. By the 3rd quarter, the Noles were still fresh and Clemson was worn down.
That is the best EJ has ever played in my opinion. Last year, the whole offensive line was hurt and they had to play almost all new people every game....and now it is paying off....with the young guys having some experience. EJ had time and made some good decisions, throwing the ball, running the ball and making play adjustments at the line.
I was worried for a while....just glad we pulled it out.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

It would be interesting to see how FSU would do against a good SEC team. Since their schedule is relatively easy, I guess we won't know till the playoffs. How does a team get such an easy schedule anyway?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 am Profile
Wanee Master

Who do you call a good SEC team?
I believe the last time we played Florida...we beat them.
The last time we played South Carolina ...we beat them
The last time we played Alabama..we beat them.
I know they are not SEC, but the last time we played ND...we beat them.
I'll be the first to admit that we haven't been good for a while....but we are getting better.
We were supposed to play West Va (and they are a pretty good team) but once they joined the Big ? they cancelled our game and no one was available to play but a nobody...so that hurt from a toughness standpoint.
Other than a team or two...the ACC sucks and we know it. Of course, other than 4 or 5 teams, the SEC is just pedestrian also.
I hope you don't think Tenn., Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Auburn, Missouri or TAMU is good this year.
That leaves Ala as the best team in the country...LSU is a close second best team. Georgia and South Carolina are def above average and Florida and Miss St are getting better. Every one of these teams can and will beat anybody on any given day.
FSU has a lot of improving to do but they are moving up the food chain. And NO...I don't think they are the 4 or 5th best team in the country. And yes, I am glad they don't have to play an SEC schedule ever week. They tried to join the SEC...but a few teams voted not to accept them...so fate fell as it is.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

River, I call alabama, Georgia, lsu and Florida good SEC teams. Don't want to argue that FSU is a good team, we all know they are. I have liked them since I was a kid. I am just questioning why their schedule is as easy as it is and how their success is somewhat linked to that. It would be interesting to see how they would do against one of the teams I mentioned farther from the playoffs; a real test if you will to see if they deserve the ranking that they currently have. It would have been a better schedule if they played Florida in the middle of the season instead of the last game.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:18 pm Profile
 [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next