Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:07 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:07 pm

[ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next
 WHOS READY FOR SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!????? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: WHOS READY FOR SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!?????
In 1991 Miami and FSU were given the first calls to gauge their interest in becoming the new 11th and 12th teams to the SEC, Bobby Bowden had no interest in playing a schedule of Alabama,Auburn and LSU in addition to playing scUM and an already permanent rival in UF.

The Miami Hurricanes in their typical get thru an easy schedule then play for the NC in the Orange Bowl also weren't interested.

Arkansas and South Carolina jumped at the chance when it was offered to them.

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Kentucky have an agreement to vote as a block to veto any new Conference member from their States. The old school members also remember being snubbed so you will never see FSU in the SEC. New members will come from bigger states that will bring new television markets-look for NC State and Virginia Tech. The SEC would love to get UNC and Virginia but they are the top dogs running that Basketball Conference they don't want to be 2nd level teams in a Football Centric Conference.

FSU and Clemson will eventually end up in the Big 12 which I think would be a good move for both teams. Neither team is really an"ACC" kind team.

Again not trying to flame, but that is the gist of Conference politics. ;)

Last edited by Jensen B Gator on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

JB
Thanks for explaining. I don't know anything about the political side of this history. But it sheds some light onto my question.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

It took a Legislative decree back in the '50's forcing UF to schedule FSU before that series began. :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:09 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Mountain...
glad to see AUburn play well in a loss to LSU. Thar may be the best they have played. While you hate to lose...at least they are playing better. War Eagle to you.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Rivernole wrote:
Mountain...
glad to see AUburn play well in a loss to LSU. Thar may be the best they have played. While you hate to lose...at least they are playing better. War Eagle to you.

Thanks river! I was hoping they could squeak it out, but not to be. They don't have a great quarterback...I am confident they will get better but will be a fan regardless.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Rivernole wrote:
Clemsons' bag of trick plays ran out about halftime. That is about all they had going for them. Guess they didn't think they could just line up, play straight up and win.
It took FSU a while to make adjustments to all their tricks. In addition, the Noles just wore them down by playing so many different players. By the 3rd quarter, the Noles were still fresh and Clemson was worn down.
That is the best EJ has ever played in my opinion. Last year, the whole offensive line was hurt and they had to play almost all new people every game....and now it is paying off....with the young guys having some experience. EJ had time and made some good decisions, throwing the ball, running the ball and making play adjustments at the line.
I was worried for a while....just glad we pulled it out.

Congrats on the win. I think we did a lot better than most people were thinking we would. Our o-line did a good job with yalls defense (in the 1st half). We couldnt handle yalls depth. Oh and "trick plays" hahaha! Jimbo is a great coach also. I like the props He was giving our team after game. ACC!!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

NOLES FOR CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Master

OK who's gonna give me USF + 24 for a shot and a beer???? 8-)

Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:50 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:

hahahahaha!!!
im good for that!

ImageImageImage

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

djkeeb69 wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:

hahahahaha!!!
im good for that!

Regardless of the outcome we both win. ;)

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:16 am Profile
 [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next