Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:48 am It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:48 am

[ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next
 WHOS READY FOR SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!????? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: WHOS READY FOR SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!?????
djkeeb69 wrote:
Mountain wrote:
djkeeb69 wrote:
it appears i owe ya , didnt cover the spread... oh well still a win!! ill have crown with me for shots....but hey hey hey... FSU to #3 in the standings!!!!

Hey Adam, don't you want to make a comment about the SEC? ;)

here we go again, FSU to national championship game to play alabama or possibly Ga if they upset them to make it.. If Alabama Fsu wins close victory, if against Ga, spank that azz!! lol ...either way sec hangs their head!

Sir,Please step away from the bong. ;)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

essentially, hes right, with or without the bong. :)

The SEC is a muffin conference. All the good stuff is on top and the rest is crap.

Disclaimer: Im not making fun of UGA. Just using their historically mediocre past to make my point.

In the last QUARTER CENTURY (actually back to 1990- anyone reading this post born then is 22 going on 23.

Including last yr, the University of Georgia has won exactly 4 times.

Thats 4 wins and 18 losses.

FSU, since 1987, has lost 11 times and 1 tie.

Making FSU 15-11-1 overall

Its not that we don't respect the SEC as Seminoles, just all the teams but Alabama and UF.

Take away Tee Martin in 2000 and Tennessee is basically Baylor last season :lol:

Arkansas has never been, and always will be a joke. Last yr was the greatest thing they've done...um nothing.

Unless you're a Gator or wear Crimson, you're just another s#%tty opponent.

I see Muschamp getting this game Saturday.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

With that said, I LOVE THE SEC. Its my personal favorite conference. Seriously, why hasn't Kentucky been kicked out?

Since when did the SEC ever pretend to truly give a damn about hoops? I care more about Texas AM vs Vandy random football game than the final four :lol:

No one is given the 5 time visor throwing champion of the yr, Spurrier, any love. He put USC on the map.....in the SEC.

South Cackalacka is legit,(even tho FSU spanked their ass) the extent to be determined this Saturday vs UGA.

He took the job because it included a membership to Augusta National if he wins the SEC. And the ole ballcoach loves him some golf.

random thought:
They should make FSU players drink a 6 pack before Duke in addition to the pointspread......

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 am Profile
Wanee Master

shockedpanic wrote:
With that said, I LOVE THE SEC. Its my personal favorite conference. Seriously, why hasn't Kentucky been kicked out?

Since when did the SEC ever pretend to truly give a damn about hoops? I care more about Texas AM vs Vandy random football game than the final four :lol:

No one is given the 5 time visor throwing champion of the yr, Spurrier, any love. He put USC on the map.....in the SEC.

South Cackalacka is legit,(even tho FSU spanked their ass) the extent to be determined this Saturday vs UGA.

He took the job because it included a membership to Augusta National if he wins the SEC. And the ole ballcoach loves him some golf.

random thought:
They should make FSU players drink a 6 pack before Duke in addition to the pointspread......

Bahahahahahahaha!!!! allthis is good stuff!!! :lol:

ImageImageImage

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I like FSU, but I'm a realist. Would I like to see them get to BCS; yes. But y'all forgot about all the other teams that are competing. You have to admit, FSU has an easy schedule this year.

First theyll have to beat the Gators. If they lose, they're done. And then, theyll have to get voted higher than Oregon and LSU, both of who have difficult schedules. If they make it to the national championship game, they will most likely be playing Alabama.

If your an optimist, I guess you could say they have a chance, but there are a lot of hurdles in their path, most of which are out of their control. But its another thing to announce that they will be national champions when they haven't really been tested. But saying this must make me a hater, right Adam?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 am Profile
Wanee Master

Nothing brings out the eternal optimism more than a fan of any one team. Every teams ultimate goal at the beginning of the season is the Holy Grail of winning a NC. It is too bad that only one team can claim to be "the best" when of the 120+ teams, about 10-15 will win every game but one or two. I would say those teams have had a very successful season in their own right...but they still did not have that one win or that extra few votes to put them into the championship game.
I, too, like the Seminoles...but I am old enough to realize that one must not only be good but they must also be lucky. Everyone and every team is different from year to year and being the best one year does not mean you are the best the next year. But we all dream and have aspirations.
The SEC is the best conference and they have been for several years. There are good teams in the SEC and some not so good teams, back then...now and forever. Luckily the sun does not shine up the same dogs rear end every year. Georgia is good...South Carolina is good...Florida is good...LSU and Alabama are good. Unfortunately, they all have to play each other in differing amounts. So one team is above all the rest.
Likewise, other conferences have good teams and not so good teams. And they too have to play it out and see who rises to the top.
We all like to brag....but we are all realist when it comes right down to it. Some take it a little too far (and poison trees, etc.), but they are the minority and every team has a few of those. Overall, sports fans are all alike in their love of their team and their desire to win it all. I love it that Ole Miss claims they have never lost a tailgating party....Now that is a Claim worthy of representing.
May the best rise to the top and may the best win it all. But in the end, we are all fans and we all put our pants on one leg at a time.
Go Noles....gators, Dogs, Cocks, Tigers, Bammer Jammers, and whatever team you are for.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 am Profile
Wanee Master

If I were a Nole Fan I'd be worried that until the last game of the regular season you won't have played a single decent defense. It is hard to be prepared when you aren't being tested, you don't get better dining on "cream puffs".

Claiming you have one of the best all around offenses is fine and dandy, but if you are fortunate enough to make the BCS you will be playing more than likely a battle tested hard nosed defensive SEC team.

Like Mike Tyson used to say "everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".

Claiming the SEC is over rated is just "Whistling thru the Graveyard".

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Master

shockedpanic wrote:
Disclaimer: Im not making fun of UGA. Just using their historically mediocre past to make my point.

In the last QUARTER CENTURY (actually back to 1990- anyone reading this post born then is 22 going on 23.

Including last yr, the University of Georgia has won exactly 4 times.

Thats 4 wins and 18 losses.

FSU, since 1987, has lost 11 times and 1 tie.

Making FSU 15-11-1 overall

Unless you're a Gator or wear Crimson, you're just another s#%tty opponent.

Regarding what is in Bold what are you talking about??? :?

LSU would have an issue with your synopsis about being a Sh!tty opponent. ;)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I just love these spirited discussions! :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Regarding the last game of the yr....big game yeah. worried? you're funny.

More like afraid. I'm afraid we will probably hold you to a touchdown again for the THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR. Other than that- no.

Saban has it goin now. And having Jimbo is like the Saints getting Sean Payton after his understudyin with Parcells and Coughlin.

My statistics show that FSU and Georgia share the fact of having the Gates as annual opponents and big games. and that FSU has a .633 + winning percentage - a 'respectable' SEC Power equal to LSU at least.

Georgia wins 4? mighty SEC eyesore stat

The ACC is Fl schools and Clemson. Thats it. And Miami is so iffy. Talent galore tho. No one here is defending the strength(and lack thereoff completely ;)

LSU? when Saban left, so did the program.

Theres a reason Alabama is number 1, FSU is 3 and UF is 10.
Hate all we want but props to Lord Saban. He's got it all up there in Tuscaloosa.

Miami is super loaded with NFL talent. All jokes aside, UF will get them next yr and see.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:03 pm Profile
 [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 33  Next