Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:38 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:38 pm

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Renting an RV 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Renting an RV
liketosmoke wrote:
If you are coming from the South and are looking for a bigger RV, with slide outs, check this place out:

http://florida-rv.net/

We rented a 31 footer for Wanee one year. About $175 a day. No problems.

Hey, liketosmoke, thanks for the link! Seems like a very good outfit, and their website is great, with lots of info.

My wife made an exception and camped this past MagFest because Bonnie and Emmylou were there, but this past fest re-confirmed for her that she doesn't like 'sleeping on the ground', as she calls it. Even though she slept on a high quality, double tall queen size Coleman air mattress; technically she was 18 inches off the ground :? :D

Anyways, I am considering buying a used trailer; a couple friends of mine have done this and love them. I want to rent an RV w/ the family, to see what it's like. I'm saving your link 8-)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I see many have used CruiseAmerica before. This is my 1st time renting and am curious if the 1:00pm pick up time is written in stone. I would really like to be further up the road much earlier than that.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I spoke with CruiseAmerica today about my RV reservation for Wednesday. I was a little, make that more than a little upset. I was hoping to pick up earlier than the 1-4 pm pick up window and was told that it means that the unit may not be ready till 4 pm. Please, I hope this is not the case. I don’t feel like spending the day waiting to leave. I hope the Wanee Gods are with me 8-)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I rented thru El Monte, and paid an extra $80 for early pick up. Give them a call and they might do the same. I pick mine up at 9 AM on Wednesday out of Orlando!!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Waneebe wrote:
I spoke with CruiseAmerica today about my RV reservation for Wednesday. I was a little, make that more than a little upset. I was hoping to pick up earlier than the 1-4 pm pick up window and was told that it means that the unit may not be ready till 4 pm. Please, I hope this is not the case. I don’t feel like spending the day waiting to leave. I hope the Wanee Gods are with me 8-)

Show up at 8am with 2 dozen doughnuts. I have heard that worked in Tampa. Good luck.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

baxman wrote:
I rented thru El Monte, and paid an extra $80 for early pick up. Give them a call and they might do the same. I pick mine up at 9 AM on Wednesday out of Orlando!!

Just called and was told to call again at closing time today ;) Safe travels baxman.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Lover

WFO wrote:
Waneebe wrote:

Show up at 8am with 2 dozen doughnuts. I have heard that worked in Tampa. Good luck.

Great idea…I spoke to a very nice girl there today…I think the WANEE Gods are sending good vibes my way. I’ll be there with bells on and donuts in hand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am Profile
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2