Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:00 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:00 am

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Festival Survival Tips 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Festival Survival Tips
DoctorRob wrote:
ETR your fanny pack looks more like a big ass pack :D

Ya, that one is quite large... :oops: The ones we use are quite a bit smaller, just enough for camera, inhaler, epi-pen... ;)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

the less i can take into the music venue the better

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

MOST IMPORTANT TIP: Camp with good people!!!

Only problem with this is, you have to camp with people before you find out whether they are good, happy campers. I have friends who are good folks, but they are poor campers. Just not the right mindset for it. I've got one returning this MagFest; it should make things ... interesting :)

Other Very Important Things that I do:

[*] LEAVE the wallet locked up, use a money clip, and keep the money clip in a FRONT pocket. You won't lose it. I put my ID, one Visa card, and $50 or so in the clip. Refresh cash as needed.

[*] ASK if you need a hand, or are confused about something. Good campers & festers have a we're-all-in-this-together mindset, and are willing and generous with a helping hand, good advice, and knowledge. Easing your own mind, by letting someone give you a hand, greatly enhances your festy experience. You'll make friends, and be richer for it.

Which brings me to:
[*] ADJUST your mindset. You are on vacation. But - lower your expectations: you are not at the Hilton, or the Motel 6 for that matter. Part of your festy experience is up to chance, so things will happen. You can let it ruin your mood, or you can push on and make it something to remember. My favorite band has had Visa screwups that prevented them from being at the fest cuz US Customs kept them out of the USA. I've had all my clothes soaked in a freak tropical rainstorm, and spent the following three days trying to dry clothes (in between sets 8-) ). My kid puked in my tent at 4am one time. I survived the Suwannee Tsunami - 12 inches of rain in two hours, that flooded both the amphitheater and meadow stages, and all the sets had to be done at indoor / makeshift venues. Our entire campsite, and probably 80% of the entire SOSMP's campsites, were flooded as well. Many bailed out, but lots of us hung in there, made the best of it, and had a truly memorable time.

SO - - If you want coffee, get your ass up and go make it, or trot down the hill and buy some. It will *not* magically appear in front of you.

Finally,
[*]NO arrests or hospital visits. If you avoid these, your festy has been a roaring success! :ugeek:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 pm Profile
Wanee Master

beach bob wrote:
MOST IMPORTANT TIP: Camp with good people!!!

Only problem with this is, you have to camp with people before you find out whether they are good, happy campers. I have friends who are good folks, but they are poor campers. Just not the right mindset for it. I've got one returning this MagFest; it should make things ... interesting :)

Other Very Important Things that I do:

[*] LEAVE the wallet locked up, use a money clip, and keep the money clip in a FRONT pocket. You won't lose it. I put my ID, one Visa card, and $50 or so in the clip. Refresh cash as needed.

[*] ASK if you need a hand, or are confused about something. Good campers & festers have a we're-all-in-this-together mindset, and are willing and generous with a helping hand, good advice, and knowledge. Easing your own mind, by letting someone give you a hand, greatly enhances your festy experience. You'll make friends, and be richer for it.

Which brings me to:
[*] ADJUST your mindset. You are on vacation. But - lower your expectations: you are not at the Hilton, or the Motel 6 for that matter. Part of your festy experience is up to chance, so things will happen. You can let it ruin your mood, or you can push on and make it something to remember. My favorite band has had Visa screwups that prevented them from being at the fest cuz US Customs kept them out of the USA. I've had all my clothes soaked in a freak tropical rainstorm, and spent the following three days trying to dry clothes (in between sets 8-) ). My kid puked in my tent at 4am one time. I survived the Suwannee Tsunami - 12 inches of rain in two hours, that flooded both the amphitheater and meadow stages, and all the sets had to be done at indoor / makeshift venues. Our entire campsite, and probably 80% of the entire SOSMP's campsites, were flooded as well. Many bailed out, but lots of us hung in there, made the best of it, and had a truly memorable time.

SO - - If you want coffee, get your ass up and go make it, or trot down the hill and buy some. It will *not* magically appear in front of you.

Finally,
[*]NO arrests or hospital visits. If you avoid these, your festy has been a roaring success! :ugeek:

Excellent post.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:10 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Well said bb... :)

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 am Profile
Wanee Master

now thats some goodsh!t right there! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

ImageImageImage

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

djkeeb69 wrote:

Attitude is everything Adam... :)

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 am Profile
Wanee Master

djkeeb69 wrote:

pass it over here... 8-)

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Use the buddy system. If you arrive solo, hook up with SOS/BOS, all will be good... :)

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

beach bob wrote:

this ^

everything else will unfold as the universe expected

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 pm Profile
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4