Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Praying for you! 
Wanee Master

Post Praying for you!
While I don't claim to be a very religious person...let me say that I am worried for and praying for all the people along the Eastern Seaboard.
By now, the storm has probably passed my friends in North Carolina...NCViper and Mule4ever and many more. I hope that all came out okay from the damaging rains and wind.
But now I am worried for our other friends in the Virginia to Maine area. Living in an area that is prone to many hurricane threats....I feel your pain and danger. We have been thru so many storms that we fail to pay them as much heed as we should.
For those that don't experience as many I pray that you stay safe from harm's way. They are talking about a wall of water 11 feet tall potentially hitting Manhattan area.....just remember what Katrina wrought.
Stay safe my friends and know that we are thinking of you and praying for you.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Praying for you!
Roger that. We in Florida again missed most of the stuff as it headed toward Carolina and the NE. Please be careful and be safe!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:00 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

news is worse every hour also noticed there is forecast long rg. major cold outbreak for florida at 325 hrs.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Master

Prayers being sent, SOS Sister Peggy is in New Jersey and has been updating us on Facebook.

Stay safe everyone. :)

Last edited by Jensen B Gator on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

whole lot of love wrote:
news is worse every hour also noticed there is forecast long rg. major cold outbreak for florida at 325 hrs.

I'm enjoying the cooler weather for Florida after a brutally HOT Summer.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hey everybody, the night proved to be fairly quiet for us in Maine. A little rain and some wind but nothing like what they saw in NY and NJ. We only have about 88,000 without power. Peggy O has checked into FB this morning but have not heard from anybody else yet. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. :)

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

Finally heard from my son that lives on Long Island. He made it thru the storm okay. Three trees fell in his yard...and many in the neighborhood. Power is out and will prob be out for days, hopefully, not weeks. They have a generator so they can keep their essentials on and have bathrooms, etc.
Many were not that lucky, unfortunately.
I watched the news last night and it was horrible to watch. There will probably be more damage than New Orleans....just due to the number of people and houses in that area. I saw a whole neighborhood in Queens that was on fire....over 50 houses burning at one time...and they said that another area in Queens was also on fire.
Has anyone heard from Libarchiver....I guess she still lives in that area? I pray that she is okay.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Yes, Libarchiver has checked in on FB also. She said she has power but Peggy O said she does not have power and probably will not for maybe a couple of weeks. :(

Glad you heard from your son and that he is ok...

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

We faired pretty well through the storm.....lots of wind and rain but overall we did ok! Looks like our Northern brothers and sisters took the hardest hit......just know that we are praying for all of you up there!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Philly area update....

Rain was not the problem but wind. Power went out last night around 10 and just came back on. Trees down in several areas, some THROUGH houses, no deaths in my immediate area. Jersey shore hit pretty bad. Good luck to everyone else

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 pm Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next