Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am

[ 5 posts ] 
 generator use at night 
Wanee Gnome

Post generator use at night
I called regarding generator use and was told that I would be placed over in the bird sanctuary or farm field. I have a few questions. First, is there ever a quiet hour in that area, meaning can a generator be used all night to run fans and such? I am trying to decide whether it is worth bringing one considering the area I will be placed in. Camping in North Florida in 70 percent humidity with no wind is miserable without some fans or even a standup A/C unit which I may buy for Wanee with the upcoming hurricane season as a justification. Are the drum circles exclusive to the bird sanctuary? I will be arriving some time Thursday afternoon and am coming up from Miami after work. I imagine the parimeter near the woods is the best area, eh? I can't wait for Fat Man in the Bath Tub while tubing down the river.

Wed May 27, 2009 6:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: generator use at night
Kind of wondering the same thing.... Yes the drum circle is in the sanctuary. Yes it will go till about 5:30a.m.

Wed May 27, 2009 7:20 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I guess ear plugs will be a very good investment!

Wed May 27, 2009 7:37 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post a ride
From one wanne friend to another... Sense you are from my area... I was wondering if you could help me with a ride. I have a free ticket in exchange. Also, full camping gear and I'll split the gas.

Please HELP! I've had a horrendous year so far and I need this weekend for my salvation.

Please call me at 954-940-1347 John (Ft. Laud)

Thank you in advance!!!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:16 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

If your running a generator just have a little compassion for your neighbors.....some of us don't want to hear a loud-ass generator going day & night,if your just spending the weekend sitting in the A/C then go to a KOA campground.I as do others want to hang outside and socialize with the sounds of music and nature in the background****NOT GENERATORS!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:04 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]